Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while tying up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Engineering & Science Humor #2
- Top 10 Reasons
Why e (e) is Inferior to
pi (p) - In classic David Letterman form...
- You Know You
Live on the Gulf Coast When... - A little hurricane humor
- Sure Signs that You May Need an Elmer
- It's a Ham thing...
- Definitions of Some Common Ham Terms
- ...not exactly official...
- Why Professional Decorum is Important
- You never know who's watching
- Early 21st Century Office Terms
- Official Language of the European Union
- You might have missed this little news item.
- Sales & Marketing Experts
- Of course...the engineer's the hero
Some Interesting Facts - I verified most of these, but not all, and deleted
the false "facts"
- In the Beginning... - What
if God created Earth and all that is within it by using a committee?
- Winders WV Edition - Hey, I've got
relatives from there, and it ain't no joke
- Pilot Humor - ...for the many pilots
I know are in the RF Cafe audience. Send me your favorites and I'll add them to
Resume for Igor Zavgorodny Posted on WirelessDevNet Career Center that is a Hijacking
Human Resources Lingo - The next time you see a job advertised, use this handy
lexicon to decipher what the employer is really looking for in you.
- Store Wars (takeoff on
The Comb-Over Patent - I kid you not - U.S. Patent #4,022,227
- Bill Gates - Arrested! - If you were sure that what Bill has been
doing is the work of a devious criminal, then here your suspicions are proven correct
- Press Release
- Is This Legal? - Personally, I think this is pretty darn funny, but is it
- Computer Genesis - How computers
really came to be
- Drawbacks to Working in a Cubicle
- An Effective & Humorous Ad
- One of my favorite ads, from Mentor Graphics
- Alas, Poor Spammers -
- World's Easiest Quiz - Hey,
it's only 10 simple questions
World's first Business Plan - A Frank & Ernest comic strip
from February 9, 2005
- An Engineer, a Theologian, and Psychologist
Go Hunting... - You've probably heard this, but...
Pentium Humor - Good humor is timeless, and even though the Intel Pentium floating
point bug problem is a decade old, this is still funny - especially if you were
around during the time.
ThisIsBroken.com - A project to make businesses more aware of their customer
experience, and how to fix it, by Mark Hurst. This has some outrageously funny goofed
up advertisements and product malfunctions.
Twinkie Experiments - The extents some people will go to for a few minutes of
fame (you visiting their website) is amazing. Is this good science, or bad science?
Peep Experiments - Is there no respect for this inveterate Easter favorite -
even in the name of science?
- 12 Days of Christmas Memo -
Hey, in today's world, it could happen!
- Santa's Check Ride - Pilots
will appreciate this one
- Bubba Claus - News bulletin from
the South Pole
- American Ingenuity - You'll get a kick out of this, and maybe wonder why you
didn't think of it
Vanity Plates - Here's a collection of about 100 car vanity license plates,
mostly web-related (many pages)
- A Left-Brain/Right-Brain Test
- This is very strange
- Four Lessons for Corporate Survival
- Sage advice for today's professional
- Redneck Computer User -
How to tell if a Redneck has been using the computer.
- A Call for More Scientific
Truth in Product Warning Labels -
- Rules of Thumb for the Military
- These rules of thumb are followed by those who survive the military and go on
to other vocations
Test - A little college humor
- Abbott & Costello Buy
A Computer - A take-off of the old "Who's On First" routine
- If Scientists Wrote Nursery
Rhymes - Nighttime stories for your little prodigy
Crazy Patents - From the FreePatentsOnline website
Microwave Mortuary -
These tech-centric jokes,
song parodies, anecdotes and assorted humor have been collected from friends and
websites across the Internet. This humor is light-hearted and sometimes slightly
offensive to the easily-offended, so you are forewarned. It is all workplace-safe.
- Insidious Computer Viruses
- Here's a humorous list of appropriately named viruses
Can You Recognize Engineers By The Way They Look? - This is a
funny article written by Robert Lucky in the November 2003 edition of Spectrum magazine
- Why Golf Is the Best Sport for the Fans
- Since golf is a favorite pasttime of engineers, this is a fitting topic - humorous
- The Guys' Rules - We always hear
"the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side.
- An English Grammar Lesson -
Here are several very important but often forgotten rules of English
Early 21st Century Office Terms - A little comic relief
- The Knack - Turn your
sound down for this one - it talks
Computer Day - Turn your volume level down a little (not real loud)
- Yesterday - A Beatles(tm) parody
Darwin Awards for 2003 - This appears to be the official website for the Darwin
Awards. "Darwin Awards commemorate those who improve our gene pool by removing themselves
from it." The archive goes back quite a few years.
- Reward Offered - Some EE humor
to raise the spirit
- Astronomical Aphorisms
- Things astronomers say
- Things You'll Never
Hear A Southerner Say - I live there, trust me on this
- How Many AA Batteries To Power
A Human? - Sure, you can find flaws in the calculation's assumptions, but it's
an interesting exercise.
- Prophetic Quotes - Open mouth,
insert foot (from the Inflection Point website)
- An Engineer's View of Santa's Yearly
Trip - Oh, ye of little faith...
- Insultingly Stupid
Movie Physics - You know it to be so, but here some real physics that explain
just why that stuff is so hokey!
- The Al-Gebra Movement - A menace to
- Downsizing At the North
Pole - I had this last year, but forgot to post it. Fortunately, things are
looking up a year later, so maybe it won't be as relevant.
- Mommas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow
Up To Be Engineers - Sung to the familiar Willy Nelson tune about Cowboys
- Aptronyms - These are peoples' names
that are "apt" for their chosen professions - pretty funny
- Astronomy's 10 Commandments
- These are pretty good - enjoy!
Online Digital Clock - I guarantee you have never seen a digital clock quite
like this one! - by Yugo Nakamura
- You Know You're In California When...
- Sorry, but it's been earned ;-)
Find the Man's Head - This is one of those right-brain/left-brain challenges
- Spell Checking - Azaming raecserh
form Cabgmirde Uivrenstiy
- What A Difference A Century Makes - Here
are some stats from 1903
- You Might Be A Redneck Pilot If...
- I saw this stuff on a T-shirt at an air show this weekend
- Universal Law for Naive Engineers
- Computer Nerd T-Shirt Slogans -
No comment needed
- Managerese vs. Engineerese - ...an
- Interrelational Mathematics
- Commit these formulas to memory!
- 13 Things That Will Make You Go, "Hmmm..."
- Here are some interesting tidbits that were listed in this past Sunday's Best
- Math in America's High Schools - Funny...or
- Barney Is Satan - Some of us always
suspected so, now here's proof!
- WiFi Speed Spray
- This revolutionary product is guaranteed to enhance the transfer of computer data
through the air. You'll be amazed! (thanks to Cornell for the tip)
Visit BasicJokes.com for "Clean Jokes in a Dirty World"