Engineering & Science Humor #2
These tech-centric jokes,
song parodies, anecdotes and assorted humor have been collected from friends and
websites across the Internet. This humor is light-hearted and sometimes slightly
offensive to the easily-offended, so you are forewarned. It is all workplace-safe.
- Insidious Computer Viruses
- Here's a humorous list of appropriately named viruses
Can You Recognize Engineers By The Way They Look? - This is a
funny article written by Robert Lucky in the November 2003 edition of Spectrum magazine
- Why Golf Is the Best Sport for the Fans
- Since golf is a favorite pasttime of engineers, this is a fitting topic - humorous
- The Guys' Rules - We always hear
"the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side.
- An English Grammar Lesson -
Here are several very important but often forgotten rules of English
Early 21st Century Office Terms - A little comic relief
- The Knack - Turn your
sound down for this one - it talks
Computer Day - Turn your volume level down a little (not real loud)
- Yesterday - A Beatles(tm) parody
Darwin Awards for 2003 - This appears to be the official website for the Darwin
Awards. "Darwin Awards commemorate those who improve our gene pool by removing themselves
from it." The archive goes back quite a few years.
- Reward Offered - Some EE humor
to raise the spirit
- Astronomical Aphorisms
- Things astronomers say
- Things You'll Never
Hear A Southerner Say - I live there, trust me on this
- How Many AA Batteries To Power
A Human? - Sure, you can find flaws in the calculation's assumptions, but it's
an interesting exercise.
- Prophetic Quotes - Open mouth,
insert foot (from the Inflection Point website)
- An Engineer's View of Santa's Yearly
Trip - Oh, ye of little faith...
- Insultingly Stupid
Movie Physics - You know it to be so, but here some real physics that explain
just why that stuff is so hokey!
- The Al-Gebra Movement - A menace to
- Downsizing At the North
Pole - I had this last year, but forgot to post it. Fortunately, things are
looking up a year later, so maybe it won't be as relevant.
- Mommas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow
Up To Be Engineers - Sung to the familiar Willy Nelson tune about Cowboys
- Aptronyms - These are peoples' names
that are "apt" for their chosen professions - pretty funny
- Astronomy's 10 Commandments
- These are pretty good - enjoy!
Online Digital Clock - I guarantee you have never seen a digital clock quite
like this one! - by Yugo Nakamura
- You Know You're In California When...
- Sorry, but it's been earned ;-)
Find the Man's Head - This is one of those right-brain/left-brain challenges
- Spell Checking - Azaming raecserh
form Cabgmirde Uivrenstiy
- What A Difference A Century Makes - Here
are some stats from 1903
- You Might Be A Redneck Pilot If...
- I saw this stuff on a T-shirt at an air show this weekend
- Universal Law for Naive Engineers
- Computer Nerd T-Shirt Slogans -
No comment needed
- Managerese vs. Engineerese - ...an
- Interrelational Mathematics
- Commit these formulas to memory!
- 13 Things That Will Make You Go, "Hmmm..."
- Here are some interesting tidbits that were listed in this past Sunday's Best
- Math in America's High Schools - Funny...or
- Barney Is Satan - Some of us always
suspected so, now here's proof!
- WiFi Speed Spray
- This revolutionary product is guaranteed to enhance the transfer of computer data
through the air. You'll be amazed! (thanks to Cornell for the tip)
Visit BasicJokes.com for "Clean Jokes in a Dirty World"