All RF Cafe quizzes would make perfect fodder
employment interviews for technicians or engineers - particularly those who are fresh
out of school or are relatively new to the work world. Come to think of it, they would
make equally excellent study material for the same persons who are going to be interviewed
for a job.
Click here for the complete list of
RF Cafe Quizzes.
Note: Some material based on books have quoted passages.
quiz is based on the information presented in "The Micro-Doppler Effect in Radar," by Victor C. Chen .
1. What is the micro-Doppler effect?
a) An oscillatory motion in
addition to a bulk motion
b) Micron-scale Doppler effects
c) Large-scale nano-Doppler effects
d) High resolution Doppler measurements
2. Which of these is an image of
3. What is an Euler angle?
a) Angles of clockwise rotation about the x, y,
and z axes.
b) Angles of counterclockwise rotation about the x, y, and z axes.
c) Angles of RF conduction
d) Angles of dangles
4. Which of the following are mechanisms for producing
c) Coning motion
d) All the above
5. In the case of a rotating helicopter blade on a stationary aircraft, which Doppler frequency
graph would be correct?
6. In figure "a" from question 5, why is a plateau over a range of Doppler
in the blade signature rather than a single frequency?
a) Helicopter blades are broadband components
b) Blade speed varies along the span, increasing toward the
c) Blade speed varies along the span, decreasing toward the tips
d) Wobble along the span
7. What is the Denavit-Hartenberg (D-H convention)?
a) A quantum mechanics-based micro-Doppler
b) A way to describe static models as dynamic
c) A mathematical translation of aircraft micro motion
d) A kinematic representation of human body links and joints
8. When analyzing articulated locomotion (animal
walking, bird wing
flapping, etc.), what is
commonly assumed to describe the style of
b) Newtonian motion
c) Harmonic oscillations
d) Special relativity
9. What is the difference between bipedal and
a) Two additional feet
b) Two additional meters
c) Two additional furlongs
d) Two additional lightyears
10. Which parameters can be extracted from
micro-Doppler signatures of targets?
a) Time and frequency
b) Magnitude and phase of frequency shifts
c) Position and direction
d) All the above
Need some help? Click here for the
answers and explanations.