All RF Cafe quizzes would make perfect fodder for employment interviews for technicians or engineers
- particularly those who are fresh out of school or are relatively new to the work world. Come to
think of it, they would make equally excellent study material for the same persons who are going to
be interviewed for a job.
Some of these books used in quizzes are available as prizes
in the monthly RF Cafe Giveaway.
Note: Many answers contain passages quoted from the text.
1. Which "hand rule" applies
for determining the direction of the magnetic field around a current-carrying wire? Assume conventional current
flow from positive to negative, and magnetic field leaving the north pole and entering the south pole.
b) Left-hand rule
c) Whole-hand rule
2. What is the name given to the display
pattern when independent signals are fed
into the x-axis and y-axis ports of an
a) X-Y waveform
b) Lissajous waveform
3. How is the word "Fresnel" pronounced (as
in Fresnel zone or Fresnel grating)?
What type of filter is shown to the right?
What is the order of the filter shown to the right?
6. What type of
transmission line is shown to the right?
What type of waveguide bend is shown to the right?
a) 90° Maxwell bend
b) 90° H-Plane bend
What is the value of the resistor shown on to the right?
a) 6.2 kΩ, ±5%
b) 62 kΩ, ±5%
c) 62 kΩ, ±10%
9. What serious problem is commonly caused with lead-free, tin-alloy solders
a) Tin whiskers
c) Spontaneous combustion
10. Which is the earliest RF Cafe logo?
Need some help? Click here for the answers and