All RF Cafe quizzes would make perfect fodder for employment interviews for technicians or engineers - particularly those who are fresh out
of school or are relatively new to the work world. Come to think of it, they would make equally excellent study material for the same persons
who are going to be interviewed for a job.
Click here for the complete list of RF Cafe
Note: Many answers contain passages quoted in whole or in part from the text.
1. Which of the following WLAN
standards is on a different frequency band than the others?
2. What does the term "ruggedness" refer to in wireless power amplifiers?
a) Ability to
withstand thermal stress
b) Ability to withstand mechanical stress
c) Ability to withstand load mismatch
d) All the above
3. Which FCC regulation governs the unlicensed ISM band?
a) Part 15
d) Subsection 11
4. In which semiconductor technology are the majority
of cellphone PAs manufactured?
5. What is
a major advantage of Low Temperature Co-fired Ceramic (LTCC) substrates?
a) Densely integrated passive
b) Better thermal dissipation
c) Lower bill of materials
d) All the above
Which phone standard supports the highest data rate?
7. Which component is typically not part of a front-end module (FEM)?
a) Power amplifier
8. Which two systems are most likely to experience concurrent operation problems?
a) WLAN + GSM
b) Bluetooth + WLAN
c) GSM + W-CDMA
d) Bluetooth + AMPS
9. An isolator is typically required
at the output of the PA for which transmitter system
10. What is the commonly claimed nominal operational range for Bluetooth?
a) 10 m
b) 32.8 ft
d) All the aboveNeed some
help? Click here for the answers and explanations.