All RF Cafe quizzes would make perfect fodder for employment interviews for technicians or engineers
- particularly those who are fresh out of school or are relatively new to the work world. Come to
think of it, they would make equally excellent study material for the same persons who are going to
be interviewed for a job.
Some of these books used in quizzes are available as prizes
in the monthly RF Cafe Giveaway.
Note: Many answers contain passages quoted from the text.
1. Which of the following WLAN
standards is on a different frequency band than the others?
2. What does the term "ruggedness" refer to in wireless power amplifiers?
a) Ability to
withstand thermal stress
b) Ability to withstand mechanical stress
c) Ability to withstand load mismatch
d) All the above
3. Which FCC regulation governs the unlicensed ISM band?
a) Part 15
d) Subsection 11
4. In which semiconductor technology are the majority
of cellphone PAs manufactured?
5. What is
a major advantage of Low Temperature Co-fired Ceramic (LTCC) substrates?
a) Densely integrated passive
b) Better thermal dissipation
c) Lower bill of materials
d) All the above
Which phone standard supports the highest data rate?
7. Which component is typically not part of a front-end module (FEM)?
a) Power amplifier
8. Which two systems are most likely to experience concurrent operation problems?
a) WLAN + GSM
b) Bluetooth + WLAN
c) GSM + W-CDMA
d) Bluetooth + AMPS
9. An isolator is typically required
at the output of the PA for which transmitter system
10. What is the commonly claimed nominal operational range for Bluetooth?
a) 10 m
b) 32.8 ft
d) All the aboveNeed some
help? Click here for the answers and explanations.