All RF Cafe quizzes would make perfect fodder for employment interviews for technicians or engineers - particularly
those who are fresh out of school or are relatively new to the work world. Come to think of it, they would make equally
excellent study material for the same persons who are going to be interviewed for a job.
Some of these books used in quizzes are available as
prizes in the monthly RF Cafe Giveaway
Note: Many answers contain passages quoted from
This quiz is based on the information presented in LCP for Microwave Packages and Modules, by Anh-Vu H. Pham, Morgan J. Chen, and Kunia Aihara.
1. What does LCP stand for?
a) Longitudinal Coaxial Packaging
b) Lateral Coaxial Packaging
c) Low-Loss Chimeral Packaging
d) Liquid Crystal Polymer
2. What does "liquid crystal" mean?
a) A phase of matter that has partly solid and partly liquid properties
b) A crystal in the liquid phase
c) A liquid in the crystal phase
d) A generic name for user informational displays
3. What are the advantageous electrical properties of LCP material?
a) Low dielectric constant and loss tangent
b) Low DC resistance and high inductance
c) High dielectric constant and loss tangent
d) High DC resistance and high inductance
4. How is LCP used in microwave and mm-wave circuits?
a) As a conductor
b) As a semiconductor
c) As a substrate for printed circuits
d) As a heat dissipation plate
5. What is the maximum ratio of die size to package size for a chip-scale package (CSP)?
6. What is an advantage of using lumped element embedded capacitive coupling on an LCP substrate?
a) Space savings
b) Lower insertion loss
c) Eliminates the need for a feedthrough via
d) Reduces the number of layers
7. What happens to common-mode signals at the single-ended output port of an ideal balun?
a) They double in amplitude and are transmitted through the port
b) They halve in amplitude and are transmitted through the port
c) They are completely transmitted through the port
d) They are completely reflected back away from the port
8. What is a primary advantage of a long time delay (LTD) line over a phase shifter when used in pulsed power applications?
a) LTD line is inherently wideband
b) LTD line is inherently narrowband
c) LDT line is lossier
d) LTD line is less lossy
9. What property of LCP material make it good for hermetic packaging?
a) High heat absorption
b) Ultra-low moisture absorbtion
c) Strong as diamond
d) It floats
Need some help? Click here for the answers and explanations.