All RF Cafe quizzes would make perfect fodder for employment interviews for technicians or engineers - particularly those who are fresh out of school or are relatively new to the work world. Come to think of it, they would make equally excellent study material for the same persons who are going to be interviewed for a job.
Click here for the complete list of RF Cafe Quizzes.
Note: Many answers contain passages quoted in whole or in part from the text.
1. What is a “radar mile?”
a) 1 nautical mile
b) 1 statute mile
c) 12.36 µs
2. Which best describes a bi-static radar?
a) Fixed transmitter and fixed receiver at
b) Uses static electricity for both transmitted and
c) Only detects fixed (non-moving) targets
3. What is a radar cross-section (RCS)?
a) An engineering isometric drawing showing a
slice through the equipment rack(s)?
b) A target’s reflection coefficient relative to a
perfectly reflecting spherical surface of 1 m2
c) The plane through which a radar signal
passes through a target
4. What are common units of radar cross-section (RCS)?
5. Who is known as ”The Father of Radar?”
a) Robert Watson-Watt
b) Walter Eugene O'Reilly
c) Albert Einstein
6. Which flying (movement) condition will always result in a Doppler speed of 0 m/s?
a) Perfectly constant speed into/out of the antenna boresight
b) Perfect concentric circle around antenna at constant altitude
c) Speeds at integer multiples of antenna rotation rate
7. What does “MTI” stand for?
a) Multiple Target Indication
b) Mean Time Interval
c) Moving Target Indication
8. Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) radar is mostly likely to be located on which platform?
a) Police car
9. Which feature of a “stealth” aircraft is most responsible for its low observability?
a) Radar absorbent paint
b) Multi-faceted surfaces
c) Minimal use of metals in airframe
10. What kind of radar did the webmaster of RF Cafe work on while in the U.S.A.F?
Need some help? Click here for the answers and
Related Pages on RF Cafe
- Radar Equation, 2-Way (another)
- Radar Equation, 1-Way
- Radar Equation, Bistatic
- Radar Techniques - Primer (1945 QST)
- Radar Postage Stamps
- RF Cafe Quiz #7 - Radar Principles
- AN/MPN-14 USAF Radar Shop
- AN/TPN-19 USAF Radar Shop
- EW/Radar Handbook - Doppler Shift
- Doppler Shift Calculator
- Identification Friend or Foe (IFF)
- Radar Horizon / Line of Sight
- Radar Systems Vendors
- NEETS Radar Principles
- Radar System Vendors
- Radar Design Resources
- Who Invented Radar?
- Simple Modification Increases ATC Reliability