All RF Cafe quizzes would make perfect fodder for employment interviews for technicians or engineers
- particularly those who are fresh out of school or are relatively new to the work world. Come to
think of it, they would make equally excellent study material for the same persons who are going to
be interviewed for a job.Some of these books used in quizzes
are available as prizes in the monthly
RF Cafe Giveaway
Note: Many answers contain passages quoted from the text.
1. What is a “radar mile?”
1 nautical mile
b) 1 statute mile
c) 12.36 µs
2. Which best describes a bi-static radar?
a) Fixed transmitter and fixed receiver at
b) Uses static electricity for both transmitted and
c) Only detects fixed (non-moving) targets
3. What is a radar cross-section (RCS)?
a) An engineering isometric drawing showing a
slice through the equipment rack(s)?
b) A target’s reflection coefficient relative to a
perfectly reflecting spherical surface of 1 m2
c) The plane
through which a radar signal
passes through a target
4. What are common units of radar cross-section (RCS)?
5. Who is known as ”The Father of Radar?”
a) Robert Watson-Watt
b) Walter Eugene O'Reilly
c) Albert Einstein
6. Which flying (movement) condition will always result in a Doppler speed of 0 m/s?
Perfectly constant speed into/out of the antenna boresight
b) Perfect concentric circle around antenna at
c) Speeds at integer multiples of antenna rotation rate
7. What does “MTI” stand for?
a) Multiple Target Indication
b) Mean Time Interval
Moving Target Indication
8. Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) radar is mostly likely to be located on which platform?
9. Which feature of a “stealth” aircraft is most responsible for its low observability?
b) Multi-faceted surfaces
c) Minimal use of metals in airframe
10. What kind of radar did the webmaster of RF Cafe work on while in the U.S.A.F?
Need some help? Click here for the answers and