All RF Cafe quizzes would make perfect fodder for employment interviews for technicians or engineers - particularly
those who are fresh out of school or are relatively new to the work world. Come to think of it, they would make equally
excellent study material for the same persons who are going to be interviewed for a job.
Some of these books used in quizzes are available as
prizes in the monthly RF Cafe Giveaway
Note: Many answers contain passages quoted from
This particular quiz tests your knowledge of RF history.
1. In which decade was the transistor invented?
2. In which decade was the telegraph invented?
3. In which decade was the Internet first
4. In which decade was the first solid state
integrated circuit demonstrated?
5. In which decade were the first successful diode and triode vacuum tubes invented?
6. In which decade was the telephone invented?
7. In which decade was the AEEE (now the IEEE) founded?
8. In which decade with the first transatlantic radio broadcast occur?
9. In which decade was the SPICE simulator introduced?
10. In which decade was the ARRL founded?
Need some help? Click here for the answers and explanations.