1. One of the essential components in a vacuum tube.
4. Greek letter designating "ohm".
7. Malt beverage.
8. Device used to increase power, voltage, or current of a signal.
12. Familiar trio in Ohm's Law.
13. Mighty African river.
14. Move a TV camera to keep it trained on the subject.
15. The tube electrode to which the main electron stream flows.
16. The prevention of vibration by some means.
19. Mutual conductance (abbr.).
20. Part of the eye.
19. To vary the amplitude, frequency, or phase of an oscillation, usually at
a signal frequency rate.
21. The male heir.
29. A term used to describe a terminal which has more electrons than normal.
30. A small spring-like clamp.
31. Plate current, in the tube manual.
32. An antenna which is an integral part of a radio or TV receiver.
39. Keyboard instrument.
42. de Forest.
43. Type of insulation.
44. Resistance network used in coupling two impedances.
45. Miniature receiving tube having nine pins.
48. Water-cooled tetrode capable of providing continuous operation at 50 kW or
more in the u.h.f. region.
1. Gaseous radioactive products formed by the expulsion of an alpha
particle from radium, thorium X, or actinium X.
2. Small coil used to measure a magnetic field.
3. An element combined with oxygen.
4. An oil used in medicine.
6. Storage of components until their characteristics have become
stable and constant.
9. Period of time (abbr.) .
11. General term applied to receivers.
12. Prefix meaning "on".
13. Moved rapidly on foot.
17. For example (abbr.) .
23. World peace-keeping organization (abbr.).
24. Long-nosed metal clip.
25. Widening the volume range of an audio-frequency signal.
26. Cut of type of crystal used for r.f. transmitters between 500 kHz and 10
33. Massive government agency (abbr.).
34. Antenna matching device used to permit efficient coupling of transmitter
having unbalanced output to antenna having balanced transmission line.
36. General and ex-President.
37. A test.
38. Connecting wires.
40. Fish eggs.
46. Type of communications system (abbr.).