1. The purpose of the video _____ is to increase the amplitude of the video signal frequencies.
6. A type of TV antenna in which the various elements are in a vertical plane and spread out fan-wise from a lower junction.
8. The first series of circuits that receives the incoming signal immediately after the antenna.
9. In a color TV receiver, it is the function of the sub-carrier oscillator to generate the _____ subcarrier frequency.
12. A regulator type of circuit that maintains the output of a TV receiver constant irrespective of a fluctuating input signal.
13. The _____ amplifier in a TV receiver enlarges amplitudes of sound frequencies.
14. In this circuit, the incoming signal is combined with a local oscillator signal to produce an i.f. signal.
16. The matrix amplifier in a color TV set is a combination of voltage divider _____ works and amplifier stages.
17. The function of the TV _____ is to snare minute voltages and currents from passing radio waves and transfer them to the lead-in.
18. The inner structure in the neck of a CRT.
19. An ion _____ is often placed around the neck of a picture tube to deflect ion particles.
23. When the image on a TV set is compressed or folded over at the top or bottom, this usually indicates the vertical _____ control needs adjusting.
24. The function of the vertical _____ control is to adjust symmetry of image in vertical plane.
25.A crystal diode often serves as video _____ in many TV sets.
26. The deflection _____ in a TV set deflects the electron beam in the CRT.
2. The _____ amplifier in a color TV set amplifies and reproduces the three primary color voltages from the incoming signals.
3. The horizontal _____ control is used to adjust the symmetry of the image in the horizontal plane.
4. The _____ amplifier in an intercarrier TV set amplifies both picture and sound signals. (Abbr.)
5. The FM sound detector of a TV set.
6. When the image on the screen of a set lacks sharpness and the scanning lines are coarse, the _____ control is adjusted to pinpoint the electron scanning beam.
7. The horizontal _____ generator in a TV circuit operates at a frequency of 15,750 cps.
10. Circuit in audio section used to prevent amplitude variations.
10. A _____ is used in many of the circuits of a TV set as a control to vary voltage. (Abbr.)
15. A weak tube in the picture portion of a set will often cause the image to appear to be covered with _____
19. A three-element tube often used as r.f. amplifier in the tuner of TV sets.
20. In a color TV set, the sub-carrier signal is passed through a _____ shifting network before entering the "Q" demodulator.
21. Pertaining to the picture.
22. A control that is used to adjust image width.
Answer to Puzzle appearing on page 125.