Here is a list of the major patent sites from all over the world. I have also
included links to a few useful articles and patent process assistance companies
(those deemed safe by technical reviewers).
- How to Find a Good Patent Lawyer
- The Poor Man's Patent
- Were You "Hired to Invent?"
- IEEE Spectrum: The Foreign Patent Money Trap
- Edison Nation: Patent Application Help
- Copyright Basics
- USPTO Releases List of Top 10 Universities
- IEEE: Do-It-Yourself Patents
- Receiving Most Patents in 2005
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- IP Expert Advice: How to Determine and Correct Inventorship in U.S.
- Industry Giants Want to Weaken Our Patent System
- How to Minimize the Risk of Losing Patent Rights
- Patent Ruling: It Depends on What the Meaning of 'About' Is
- Google Patent Search Website
Its Software Patent Treasure Trove
- Patent Reform, Fair Use and Inventors Rights
- Algeria: Algerian National Institute for Industrial Property
- American Inventors Protection Act of 1999: know your rights.
- Andorra: Andorran Trade Mark Office
- Argentina: Argentine National Institute of Industrial Property
- Armenia: Armenian Patent Office
- Australia: Australian Patent Office
- Austria: Austrian Patent Office
- Azerbaijan: Azerbaijan Patent Office
- Barbados: Barbados Corporate Affairs and Intellectual Property
- Belarus: Belarus Patent Office
- Belgium: Belgium Ministry of Economic Affairs
- Belize: Belize Intellectual Property Office
- Bosnia-Herzegovina: Institute for Standardization, Metrology
and Patents of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Brazil: Brazilian Industrial Property Institute
- Canada: Canadian Intellectual Property Office
- Chartered Institute of Patent Agents (UK)
The Institute was founded in 1882 and was incorporated by Royal Charter in 1891.
It represents virtually all the 1,500 registered patent attorneys in the UK whether
they practice in industry or in private practice.
- Chile: Chilean Industrial Property Department
- China: State Intellectual Property Office of the People's Republic
- Colombia: Columbian Patent Office
- Croatia: Croatian Intellectual Property Office
- Czech Republic: Czech Industrial Property Office
- Delphion (formerly IBM's Patent Research Site)
If it exists, you'll find it here. They provide complete text and an image of the
first page, but charge $3 for a PDF file.
- Denmark: Danish Patent Office
- Egypt: Egyptian Patent Office
- Eurasia: The Eurasian Patent Organization
- The European Intellectual Property Association (EIPAWEB)
represents over 100 non-governmental and other not-for-profit organisations
interested in protection the intellectual property of all Europeans.
- European Patent Office
like the name
- Federal Trade Commission
the FTC - it's
the law, and this is the search page.
- France: French Industrial Property Institute
- FreePatentsOnline: Similar to USPTO site, now includes patent
- Finland: National Board of Patents and Registration of Finland
- Gallery of Obscure Patents: Delphion
- Germany: Deutsches Patent- und Markenamt - German Patent and
Trade Mark Office
- Greece: Greek Industrial Property Organisation
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong Government - Intellectual Property Department
- Hungary: Magyar Szabadalmi Hivatal
- Hungarian Patent Office
- Iceland: Industrial Patent Office of Iceland
- India: Office of the Controller General of Patents, Designs
and Trade Marks
- Indonesia: Indonesian Directorate General of Intellectual Property
IEE's (not IEEE) repository of 7 million physics, EE and IT abstracts.
- InventorEd, Inc.
invention promotion companies.
- IP Frontline
magazine of intellectual property
and technology, current events in the IP world.
- Ireland: Irish Patents Office
- Israel: Israel Patents, Designs and Trademark Office
- Italy: Italian Office of Patents and Trademarks
- Japan: Japan Patent Office
- Japan Patent Office: (in English)
- Jeong, Kim & Lee: IP (Patent) Law Firm
- Jordan: Jordan Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Korea (South): Korean Industrial Property Office
- Liechtenstein: Liechtenstein National Patent Office
- Lithuania: Lithuanian Patent Office
- Luxembourg: Luxembourg Intellectual Property Office
- Malaysia: Malaysian Intellectual Property Division
- Mexico: Mexican Industrial Property Office
- National Inventor Fraud Center: lists reputable invention promotion
- Netherlands: Netherlands Office for Industrial Property
- Netherlands Antilles: Bureau for Intellectual Property of the
- NERAC: provides customized information services for clients
across all scientific and technical sectors.
- New Zealand: Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand
- Norway: Patentstyret® The Norwegian Industrial Property Office
- Panama: Office for the Registry of Indusrial Property
- Patent Cooperation Treaty: part of the WIPO (see on this page)
- Patent Wizard: provisional patent application software.
- Peru: Peruvian National Institute for Intellectual Property
- Philippines: Philippines Intellectual Property Office
- Poland: Patent Office of the Republic of Poland
- Portugal: Portuguese Industrial Property Instute
- Romania: Romanian State Office for Inventions and Trademarks
- Russia: Russian Patent and Trademark Office
- Singapore: Intellectual Property Office of Singapore
- Slovakia: Industrial Property Office of the Slovak Republic
- Slovenia: Slovenian Intellectual Property Office
- South Africa: Companies and Intellectual Property Registration
- Spain: Spanish Office of Patents and Trademarks
- Sweden: Swedish Patent and Registration Office
- Switzerland: Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property
Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property
"Since 1990, TAEUS has been taking products
apart for patent licensing and litigation professionals in dozens of highly technical
disciplines. We combine our Forensic Engineering talents with decades of experience,
a good measure of sleuthing ability, and a lot of hard work to produce exceptional
results for our clients - results that have made them literally hundreds of millions
- Taiwan: Taiwan Patent and Trademark Office
- Thailand: Thailand Ministry of Commerce
- Turkey: Turkisn Patent Office
- United Kingdom: Intellectual Property Office
United Kingdom Patent Office
United Kingdom Patent
Office Trade Marks
- Ukraine: State Patent Office of Ukraine
- United Inventors Association: suggestions for "red flag" items
for invention promotion company.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
aka "The Black Hole" - actually, they usually
get high marks from inventors. This is not the most intuitive site to navigate,
but hey, an engineer should be able to figure it out.
- This is the patent search page.
- USPTO Complaint Site
forum for invention promoters/promotion firm complaints and responses.
- World Intellectual Property Organization
WIPO is an international organization dedicated to promoting the use and protection
of works of the human spirit. These works -- intellectual property -- are expanding
the bounds of science and technology and enriching the world of the arts.
Other IMS ExpertServices BullsEye and Expert Library Articles on RF Cafe: