Left Border Content - RF Cafe
Copyright: 1996 - 2024
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling
2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed
formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit
design engineer. The World Wide Web (Internet) was largely an unknown entity at
the time and bandwidth was a scarce commodity. Dial-up modems blazed along at 14.4 kbps
while typing up your telephone line, and a nice lady's voice announced "You've Got
Mail" when a new message arrived...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images
and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Sub-Header - RF Cafe
December 2, 2018 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Each week, for the sake of all avid cruciverbalists amongst us, I create a new technology-themed
crossword puzzle using only words from my custom-created lexicon related to engineering,
science, mathematics, chemistry, physics, astronomy, etc. You will never find among the
words names of politicians, mountain ranges, exotic foods or plants, movie stars, or
anything of the sort. You might, however, see someone or something in the exclusion list
who or that is directly related to this puzzle's theme, such as Hedy Lamar or the Bikini
Atoll, respectively. Enjoy!
cruci- ("cross") + verbal ("words") + -ist ("agent, person") -- A person who constructs
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF
Cafe is prohibited.
acr. = acronym, abbr. = abbreviation, pl. = plural, wds. = words
2. Connector strain reliefs
9. Workplace safety group, abbr.
12. Chemical symbol
13. Logic gates
14. Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier
16. Precision landing
17. Stock symbol for Boeing
18. Type of current
20. Chemical symbol
21. Government program to bring electricity to farms, abbr.
of project boxes
23. Enhanced Graphics Adapter
25. Archaic reference to the air
and void of space
28. Rechargeable battery type, abbr.
30. Chemical symbol for
32. Synchronous Digital Hierarchy
33. Power supply vendor in Mansfield,
36. Chemical symbol for manganese
37. Chemical symbol for erbium
40. Minutes of Use
42. Rádio Nacional de Angola, abbr.
44. The "E" in EHF
Its chemical symbol is W
50. Type of distribution, squared
51. Communication between
stations by reflecting the radio waves off of the ionosphere
52. Automated Test Equipment
53. Chemical symbol for tantalum
55. Switch position
56. Modulation type, abbr.
57. Resistor vendor in Berne, IN
58. Class of spread spectrum, abbr.
60. The design
component of total product cost, abbr.
61. Semiconductor and calculator company, abbr.
62. Co-channel rejection ratio
63. A bridge circuit used for accurate electrical measurements,
named after its inventor
|1. Charge storage devices, English
3. A common battery cell size
4. Chemical symbol for chromium
to the sun
6. Stock symbol for Harris Communications
7. Chemical symbol for einsteinium
10. Chemical symbol for helium
11. Agilent's EE design software
15. Parabolic antenna-to-waveguide interface component
16. U.K. equivalent of the
17. Illumination device
19. Common gateway interface
22. Stock symbol for Boeing
24. Applied Computational Sciences, abbr.
iron, silicon, and uranium, for example
27. A class in Object Oriented Programming
that is capable of storing other objects
29. Type of data conversion device, abbr.
31. 1/6 inch printer's measure; Electromagnetic
34. In geometry, what kind of an angle
has less than 90 degrees
35. Shorthand for liquid oxygen
38. Chemical symbol for
41. Coordinated Universal Time, abbr.
43. Basic element
45. Greek letter
47. One type of electron spin
48. One port on a FET, pl.
49. Official Space Shuttle
51. Type of cryptographic algorithm that takes a string and converts
it to a numeric code.
54. Amplifier Solutions Corporation, abbr.
57. Cathode Ray
58. Deutsche Industrie Normenausschuss
59. Chemical symbol for scandium
60. 1e-6 mA
61. Part of a FOR loop
See solution below
Footer - RF Cafe
Right Border Content - RF Cafe