systems increase understanding of how components and materials respond in a Space
TotalTemp Technologies VmSD144-N
Thermal Platform Vacuum Chamber
San Diego, California – September 25, 2023 - TotalTemp Technologies, a worldwide
leading provider of research laboratory and production temperature chambers and
thermal platform equipment, introduces their model VmSD144−N Thermal Platform
Vacuum Chamber. The efficient advantages of thermal platforms are a natural for
conductive heat transfer in high vacuum applications. With all the new hardware
going into space, where service calls are rare, thermal vacuum testing is an important
part of testing high altitude and satellite equipment. Affordable and configurable
for your application. Simultaneous high vacuum and thermal testing without renting
time at a test lab. Thermal platforms to fit your vacuum chamber or fully turn-key
systems. Platform shown inside bell jar is 6.5” x 7.5”, other sizes and different
bell jars available.
Aerospace environmental testing in a thermal vacuum chamber allows for the exposing
and weeding out potential problems due to extreme temperature and atmospheric pressure
changes as experienced in space. With equipment destined for space, the stakes are
much higher with the cost of a launch, chances of a failure could be catastrophic
plus service calls in space have historically been very costly. The game of basic
thermal testing in space is a little different than testing for land-based systems,
mainly because the lack of heat transfer by air. The intentional and unintentional
transfer of heat by convection makes a big difference from what could be common
sense solution in an environment with air. Outgassing of many materials would be
another consideration that is not such a big deal on Earth but requires careful
planning for items going into space. Making sure that components headed for space
are going to perform as planned typically involves simulating the environment as
it is expected to be experienced in space or low Earth orbit.
- Surface Dimensions / Area: 12 x 12 inch (30.5 x 30.5 cm), 144 Sq. Inches
- Surface Material / Finish: 6061 Aluminum, No Finish or coating
- External Dimensions / Max. Height: Cart 30 x 28 x 30 inches (L x W x H),
With Bell Jar Approx. 49 inches overall
- Chassis Material / Finish: Steel Cart / Stainless Steel Chamber, Powder Coat
/ Mechanically Polished
- Approximate Weight: 385 lbs. (175 kg), Packed with a Synergy Nano
- Ultimate Pressure: 1x106 Torr, Pump Speed 290 Liters Per Second
- Temperature Range: -65 to 175°C, Extended Range and Hot Only available
- Heating Rate: 6 30°C min., Wattages Varies, Wattage can be specified
- Cooling Rate: 8 30°C min., Coolant can be specified
- Temperature Controller Options: Synergy Nano Color Touchscreen, Watlow PM6 Alternate
- Power: Requirements may vary. Most common heater arrangement requires a dedicated
120 Volt 15 Amp circuit.
- Coolant: Cryogenic gas suppliers in your area can supply either Nitrogen and
Carbon Dioxide to your facility.
Specify coolant choice and voltage requirement when ordering a Temperature Chamber.
Controller Options and Accessories
The (A) Synergy Nano Benchtop Controller has a Color LCD touch screen – Easy
to use, easy to read with graphing capability, logging, multi sensor, multi conditional
outputs, comm ready, GPIB Upgradeable and free drivers. More on the
Watlow PM6 is a very robust, economical controller.
About TotalTemp Technologies
The primary goal for TotalTemp is to maximize the combined 40 years experience we
have in this highly specialized field and create a new, alternative, "Next Generation"
Thermal Platforms and Temperature Testing equipment. Our Mission is to offer thermal
testing equipment that best suits or customers' requirements. For several decades
there were only two real manufacturers for thermal platforms. It was no secret that
the market demanded a new alternative with better service and lower costs. We heard
you loud and clear and TotalTemp is here to fill that need.
3630 Hancock Street A
San Diego, CA 92110
Posted September 25, 2023