90 and 120 degree sector antennas for "L & C" or "S & C" band operation
San Diego, California, August 4th, 2020 - Southwest Antennas, a leader in rugged
RF and Microwave antenna products and accessories for tactical radio systems, is
pleased to announce the release of four new dual-band sector antennas designed for
use with multi-port MIMO and MANET radio networks.
The innovative dual-band sector antenna design allow these antennas to operate
across two distinct frequency bands, enabling dual-band transmit and receive capabilities
when paired with radio systems capable of multi-band operation.
Dual-band operation allows for many advanced network configurations and features,
including rapid band-switching for anti-jamming applications in contested RF environments,
separating network traffic by band based on environmental operating conditions,
or other uses depending on the feature set of the attached radio. Combining coverage
of two bands into a single antenna simplifies network design and deployment.
A choice of 90 or 120 degree azimuth beamwidth enables network designs to be
configured for smaller or larger operating areas depending on coverage area needs.
Several antennas can be deployed together for complete 360 degree area coverage.
Slant left and slant right element design aids polarization and spatial diversity
for improved multi-path performance for MIMO and MANET radio systems when deployed
in RF reflective environments, such as urban areas.
Rugged, all-weather design and included mounting kits with adjustable downtilt
make these antennas ideal for permanent installation on buildings or communication
towers. These can also be deployed as part of temporary rapid-response operations
when mounted to tripods or masts.
Full specifications for each antenna can be viewed on the Southwest Antennas
- Part # 1009-064: Dual-Band 2X2 MIMO 90° Sector Panel Antenna, Slant L/R Polarized,
2.2 - 2.5 GHz / 5.725 - 5.875 GHz, 13 dBi Gain
- Part # 1009-065: Dual-Band 2X2 MIMO 90° Sector Panel Antenna, Slant L/R Polarized,
1.35 - 1.40 GHz / 4.4 - 5.0 GHz, 13.7 dBi Gain
- Part # 1009-066: Dual-Band 2X2 MIMO 120° Sector Panel Antenna, Slant L/R Polarized,
2.2 - 2.5 GHz / 5.725 - 5.875 GHz, 10.2 dBi Gain
- Part # 1009-067: Dual-Band 2X2 MIMO 120° Sector Panel Antenna, Slant L/R Polarized,
1.35 - 1.40 GHz / 4.4 - 5.0 GHz, 12.0 dBi Gain
- 2X2 MIMO / MANET Radio Systems
- Wireless Infrastructure Base Stations
- Planned City Wide / Urban Area Mesh Radio Networks
- Private LTE Networks
- Rapid Deploy Networks for Event Management and Security
- Tactical Radio Network Infrastructure
- Point-to-Point Back Haul MIMO Radio Links
- Emergency Management & Public Safety
- Dismounted user and vehicle communication
- Unmanned system ground stations
About Southwest Antennas
Southwest Antennas specializes in the design and manufacture of rugged, high-performance
RF and Microwave antennas, accessory products, and customized antenna solutions
built for today's demanding communication environments. Founded in 2005 and headquartered
in San Diego, California, Southwest Antennas offers over 2,000 standard products
for broadcast video, military / defense, law enforcement, homeland security, surveillance,
aerospace, transportation, and oil and gas markets.
For more about Southwest Antennas, visit their website at
8145 Ronson Rd.,
San Diego, CA 92111
Phone: (858) 277-3300
Posted August 5, 2020