90 KW C-Band, Liquid Cooled Hot Swappable SSPA
- Liquid Cooled Scalable Power Architecture
- No Single Point of RF Device Failure • Distributed Power Supplies
- "On air" Hot Swapping
- Asymmetrical and Random Pulse Width and Duty Cycle Operation
- Only Fractional System Spares Needed for Complete Back up System
- Only Spare a Couple of 2U Amplifier Drawers and One
- System will Remain Operational and "On the Air" with Graceful Power
- Degradation In the Event of an RF Component Failure
or High VSWR Condition
- Loss of an Amplifier Drawer is Only a Fractional Reduction of Output Power
- Short and Long Pulse Capabilities - 100ns up to 500usec
- 500KHz PRF's and 20% Duty Cycles
- Full Digital Peak and RMS Detection for Accurate Metering
- No high Voltage Power Supply Anywhere in the Transmitter
- Ethernet Rapid Spanning Tree Architecture for Network Redundancy
- Performance Monitoring and Health Down to the Pallet and Device Level
- Continuous BIT, Down to the Device Level
- Each 2U Amplifier "Building Block" is Digitally Set for Phase and Gain
July 8, 2020 - Empower RF Systems'
Model 2225 is a long duty cycle pulsed amplifier operating
from 5.2 to 5.9 GHz and represents our new technologically advanced liquid
cooled and scalable architecture. This breakthrough solid state GaN design replaces
tube technology to bring new capabilities to EW, Radar, Directed Energy and Satcom
applications where tens and hundreds of kilowatts of CW and Pulse power are required.
This new modern architecture offers scalability for affordable upgrade paths to
future power needs by adding hardware to an existing system. Additional racks can
be combined and for racks not fully populated, 2U amplifier drawers can be added
without the need for tuning.
The amplifier system layout consists of a system controller in a 3U and up to
16 hot swappable 2U amplifier drawers with each amplifier drawer containing an integrated
power supply in its 2U chassis. This arrangement eliminates the risk of an RF section
or single power supply failure taking the entire amplifier offline. In the event
of a failure only a fractional reduction of output power is realized and the amplifier
system remains on air.
For technical application questions and to learn more on features that ease integration
into your system hardware and software , please email your questions to
or call (310) 412-8100 and press 2 for sales.
Learn More About These Products:
Empower RF Systems
About Empower RF
Empower RF Systems is the technology leader in RF and Microwave power amplifier
solutions for defense, commercial, and industrial applications. Our products incorporate
the latest semiconductor and power combining technologies and originate from an
extensive library of "building block" designs. Solutions range from basic PA modules
to multifunction PA assemblies with embedded, microprocessor controllers.
Empower RF Systems, Inc.
316 West Florence Avenue
Inglewood, CA 90301
Posted July 10, 2020