Press Release Archives:
2022 | 2021 |2020 |
Content is copyright of company represented. Page format, custom text and
images are RF Cafe copyright - do not distribute.
- Solid-state Class AB, compact modular design
- Suitable for Pulse and CW applications
- Embedded directional coupler – Eliminates the need for external component
- 50 ohm input/output impedance
- Built-in Control, Monitoring and Protection functions
- High reliability and ruggedness
November 9, 2020 - Inglewood, CA - Empower
RF announces the production release of our
2239 pulsed driver amplifier producing a minimum of 1 kW peak power. The
2239 is an intelligent amplifier in a compact 3U rack compatible footprint with
features ideal for integrating into Magnetron, IOT, Klystron and TWT systems.
The amplifier is designed for 0 dBm input that is pulse modulated. A fast
TTL gate input is standard, and its use optional when complete shutoff of the output
stage is desired between pulses. Pulse capabilities include up to 20% duty cycles
and pulse widths as long as 500 μsec with up to 25 kHz PRF's.
GaN on SiC devices are used in a multistage class AB configuration. Full self-monitoring
protection is included and will self-protect with sudden open/short conditions and
is tolerant to VSWR up to 3:1. Local and remote monitoring and control are standard.
Protections and Remote Monitoring
- Duty cycle and pulse width protection exceeding your pre-set value
- Power supply faults including input line voltage faults
- Output power limit
- Input overdrive
- Excessive VSWR with user selectable fold-back or Shutdown on fault
- Thermal alarming and protection
- Cooling and Electronic thermal management and fan health speed
Ease of System Integration
- Factory Customizable I/O for interfacing/signaling external sensors and control
- Alarms pushed out the LAN port, polling not required
- Compact, lightweight, and portable for easier maneuverability in lab environments
- Modern and multi-faceted Monitoring and Control user interfaces, including a
Web browser, TCP/IP Ethernet, factory configurable serial RS-422 or RS232 interface
and a front panel touchscreen display.
User interface capabilities of this amplifier are standard with all Empower next
generation designs and allow the user to initiate remote management and diagnostics
via an embedded web server or M2M interface, enabling network managed site status
and control simply by connecting the unit's Ethernet port to a LAN. Using a web
browser and the unit's IP address (IPV4) allows ease of access with the benefit
of multilevel security.
Learn More About This Product:
Complete Empower RF Amplifiers lineup:
For technical application questions and to learn more on features that ease integration
into your system hardware and software , please email your questions to
or call (310) 412-8100 and press 2 for sales.
Learn More About These Products:
Empower RF Systems
About Empower RF
Empower RF Systems is the technology leader in RF and Microwave power amplifier
solutions for defense, commercial, and industrial applications. Our products incorporate
the latest semiconductor and power combining technologies and originate from an
extensive library of "building block" designs. Solutions range from basic PA modules
to multifunction PA assemblies with embedded, microprocessor controllers.
Empower RF Systems, Inc.
316 West Florence Avenue
Inglewood, CA 90301
Posted November 12, 2020