Content is copyright of company represented,
but page format is my copyright - do not distribute it.
Online, interactive event taking place September 10-12 gives engineers free
access to training sessions without leaving the office.
July 16, 2019 (Norwood, Mass.) -
EDI CON Online,
a new interactive event being held online September 10-12, 2019, has announced its
line up of technical session speakers. The interactive technical sessions will occur
at no cost to attendees, and sponsors have the opportunity to present workshops
and keynote sessions as part of the daily schedule.
The sessions on September 10th will focus on 5G and IoT, September 11th on radar
and antennas, and September 12th on signal integrity and power integrity. Attendees
select the sessions for the online event in a single sign-on registration portal
and can participate in as many sessions as they wish live (with question and answer
sessions) or watch later on demand. Sessions are produced on a multimedia platform,
including video, traditional webinar, and screen sharing formats.
EDI CON Online is pleased to announce that Rohde & Schwarz, Mini-Circuits,
and Samtec will be the Platinum Sponsors of the event and will be producing each
day’s opening keynote, respectively. Here is a list of the speakers currently scheduled
for technical sessions at EDI CON Online.
September 10, 2019: 5G/IoT (including EMC/EMI)
- Design of a Fully Integrated, Surface Mount 3.5 GHz Doherty GaN PA for 5G Applications,
Robert Smith, Plextek RFI
- EMC Success Strategies for the Internet of Things, Mike Violette, Washington
Laboratories & American Certification Body
- 5G Phased Array Antenna Design, Anil Pandey, Keysight Technologies
- mmWave Will Be the Critical 5G Link, Joe Madden, Mobile Experts Inc.
- 5G and the Future of Low Latency Applications, Caroline Y. Chan, Intel Corporation
September 11, 2019: Radar/Antennas (including EMC/EMI)
- A Three-Step Process for Radiated Emissions Troubleshooting Success, Ken Wyatt,
Wyatt Technical Services, Inc.
- Near-Field Antenna for RFID Tag Inspection, Scott Best, SiberSci, LLC
- MIMO Radar for Vehicles, Eli Brookner
- Metamaterials for Electronic Scanning, Wideband Antennas and Stealth/Cloaking,
- Latest Trends in Active Electronically Scanned Antennas (AESAs), Joseph R. Guerci,
September 12, 2019: Day 3: SI/PI
DDR/LPDDR Board Design for Signal and Power Integrity, Shalom-Shlomi Zigdon, The
College for Board Design and PCB Engineering at Israel
- Characterizing the VRM, Steve Sandler, Picotest
- Best Design Practices to Eliminate Ground Bounce in Your Next Product, Eric
Bogatin, University of Colorado, Signal Integrity Journal, and Teledyne LeCroy
- Test Fixture De-embedding for PCB Characterization and Material Extraction,
James L. Drewniak, Missouri S&T
- High-Speed Interconnect Design and Correlation at 112 Gbps PAM: How does this
affect me? Scott McMorrow, Samtec
Workshop and Track Sponsorships are still available. Potential sponsors can contact
their MWJ/SIJ sales representatives for more information or go to
Attendees who wish to be alerted when registration is available can indicate their
interest here https://www.edicononline.com/register/.
About EDI CON
EDI CON uniquely brings together RF, microwave, EMC/EMI, and high-speed digital
design engineers and system integrators for networking, training, and learning opportunities.
Attendees come to EDI CON to find solutions, products, and design ideas that they
can put into immediate practice for today's communication, defense, consumer electronics,
aerospace, and medical industries. Drawing attendees from both the analog and digital
spheres, EDI CON enables designers to see techniques and technologies used in other
applications that could be applied or adapted to solve their latest design challenges.
At EDI CON CHINA, the exhibition hall features product displays, demonstrations,
interactive sessions, speed trainings, networking opportunities, and educational
talks that address all aspects of design, simulation, test, and verification. EDI
CON Online brings this same type of learning directly to engineers’ desktops. More
information at www.edicononline.com.
About the Organizers
EDI CON is organized by Microwave Journal, the Signal Integrity Journal, and
the event planning division of their parent company, Horizon House. Microwave Journal,
Signal Integrity Journal, and Horizon House also team with Microwave Journal China
and ACT International (Hong Kong) to organize and produce EDI CON China (May 12-13,
2020 in Beijing, China). An experienced and well-established organizer of
targeted events, Horizon House additionally organizes European Microwave Week (EuMW)
on behalf of the European Microwave Association (EuMA). To subscribe to Signal Integrity
Journal, visit www.signalintegrityjournal.com. To subscribe to the Microwave
Journal, visit http://www.mwjournal.com.
Publisher & EDI CON Sales Director
Posted July 17, 2019