Please go to the
RF Cascade Workbook 2018™
webpage for features and purchasing information.
Excel 2003 or newer.
RF Cascade Workbook 2004 (RFCW2004) is the result of requests from some users for
a user interface that is more program-like, and that is more presentation-ready.
By incorporating a graphical block diagram and adding some VBA automation, RFCW2004
strikes a reasonable balance between effort invested in creature comforts and basic
functionality. Here are a few of the new features in RFCW2004:
All of the formulas used in RF Cascade
Workbook 2004 are presented in the
User's Guide to
assist in understanding the operation of the spreadsheet. Most calculations are
implemented in VBA code, which makes customization more convenient and keeps clutter
out of the cells. This is especially helpful in the case of conditional formulas.
Additionally, input cells are checked for valid numerical ranges or text values.
Expansion of the workbook to include custom calculations is a simple matter. Excel
has a very extensive Help section for VBA code writing built-in.
- A single chart with menu-selectable plots
- Scales on both left and right axes
- Use of error bars for min/max values on plots rather than separate traces
- Graphical block diagram with menu selectable component icons
- IMD2 and ΔIMD2 values to accommodate direct conversion calculations
- DC power supply calculations on same page as cascade calculations
- Three versions of RFCW204 included with various numbers of components pre configured
(6, 12, 18)
- All component parameter and calculated cascaded values are referenced to the
- User's Guide covering all aspects of the workbook, including formulas and instructions
for modifying the VBA code
- RF Cascade Analysis
file is saved in a format that accommodates back through Excel 95. If you are using
Excel version 2002 or newer, re-saving the file in the newer format will reduce
the file to about half its current size.
User's Manual Cover