11/1/2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzle
Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2008 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express
permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Term for asymmetry of a statistical
4. Mass units, abbr.
6. Singulated piece
of IC wafer
7. Voltage-current phase mnemonic
language used by Hewlett Packard printers, abbr.
15. Speed at which radio waves travel in a particular
feedline (2 wds.)
18. Stock symbol for Boeing
and calculator company, abbr.
20. Yttrium Aluminum Garnet
22. Unit of admittance
23. Software function selection mechanism
24. Referring to a right-angled triangle, which trigonometric
function is equal to the ratio between the side opposite a given
angle, and the hypotenuse
25. Last keyword in a BASIC subroutine,
28. A disk operation
30. Modulation technique that
varies the width of pulses in a train, abbr.
31. Stock symbol
for 8 Down
33. Foot, abbr.
34. Local Oscillator
Direct Sequence and Frequency Hopping are the two forms of this
40. Power supply vendor in Minneapolis,
41. Total Access Communication System
44. Powers pneumatic devices
Change Notice, abbr.
46. Transportation accident investigation
1. Synchronous Digital Hierarchy
2. Quickly changing portion of waveform
3. One half of HP
4. Mr. Blattenberger of Waypoint Software
5. Parameter that
is a figure of merit for receiver performance in presence of
multiple signals, abbr.
8. Defense contractor
11. Substrate for mounting components, abbr.
12. Instruments for Industry, Ronkonkoma, NY, abbr.
16. International Amateur Radio Union
17. Elemental compound used for microwave frequency reference
oscillators, abbr., pl.
21. Electronics manufacturer with
22. Chemical symbol for manganese
Home state of Los Alamos lab
27. Adjusts a pot
"R" in DRC in substrate layout (singular form)
symbol for aluminum
32. Computer "brain", abbr.
35. Ovenized crystal oscillator, abbr.
36. Science of assuring operation amid dense EM background noise,
37. Fail-____ switch
38. RF computer network
39. Universal Asynchronous Transmit/Receive
|More than 8,000 searchable pages indexed.
Your RF Cafe
Progenitor & Webmaster
Blattenberger ... single-handedly redefining what an engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Airplanes and Rockets:
My daughter Sally's
horse riding website