Note: A standard for crossword puzzles is when all words in a clue are capitalized, the solution
is the abbreviation or acronym for that clue; e.g., Alternating Current = AC.
2007 Engineering & Science Crossword Puzzles
Reproduction of this puzzle without the express permission of RF Cafe is prohibited.
1. Joins a male and a female
4. RF Integrated Circuit
8. Unintended frequency product from a mixer
10. Chemical symbol for
11. RF passive device manufacturer in Bay Shore, NY
12. Silicon transistor type
13. Imaging device,
14. Chemical symbol for lanthanum
16. A step in photolithography
19. Summation symbol
edge of a missile
21. Application Specific Integrated Circuit, abbr.
23. BER. 8 bits at a time
25. Chemical symbol for rubidium
27. Regions between differing dielectrics
: The lion
32. Same as 23D
33. 1e-6 mA
34. Chemical symbol for iron
35. Have a positive phase wrt
36. Defense electronics contractor in Ft. Wayne, IN
37. High power device used in high-frequency
electronics and microwave devices
40. Chemical symbol for neon
41. Color #5
42. Band between RF and BB,
43. Sample groups
44. Stack command
46. Type of solder flux core
48. Act of summation
symbol for cadmium
52. Powers pneumatic devices
54. Deutsche Industrie Normenausschuss
55. Counter ElectroMotive
58. One who DXs
59. Used to send Morse Code, pl.
60. International phonetic
alphabet letter "D"
1. The most frequently occurring
number in a series of numbers
2. Numerical power
4. Chemical symbol for radium
6. Resistor manufacturer in Corpus Christi, TX
7. Software drafting tool, abbr.
8. Join two
9. Moon of Saturn discovered in 1672
12. Chemical symbol for neptunium
15. Chemical symbol
17. Unit of time, abbr.
18. One component of a complex number, abbr.
19. Halves of DIP's
21. Up in the air
22. Type of optical network
23. Unit of power
24. Chemical symbol for silicon
A disk operation
26. Frequency vs. amplitude plot
27. 300-ohm antenna, ____-lead
28. The "R" in BER
29. RF attenuator maker in Ann Arbor, MI
30. IT backup media, pl.
31. Low altitude earth orbit, abbr.
35. Average time it takes an excess minority carrier to recombine
37. Its chemical symbol is Fe
39. Found a quotient
44. Chemical symbol for mendelevium
45. Opposite of I.D.
46. Stock symbol for RF Micro Devices
47. Chemical symbol for scandium
48. Branch of the armed forces
49. One port of an amplifier
50. American space agency, abbr.
52. Abbreviation for acknowledge (also a common
word for Bill the Cat)
53. Institute of Electrical Engineers (U.K)
56. Start frequency, abbr.