Empower RF is pleased to announce it is it is shipping another new, industry leading RF amplifier system that complements the frequency
coverage and power level "footprint" of our next generation, high power PA product family.
Model 2180, covering 1 to 2.5 GHz and
delivering an unprecedented 2 kW CW of broadband output power in a 8U, air cooled chassis is our latest market release. Offering unrivaled
size, weight, and power advantages and building on a design architecture that has been a catalyst for technology upgrades from customers
with diverse requirements from multiple markets, Model 2180 provides excellent performance for end applications that include, but are not
limited to, test and measurement, electronic warfare, and communications. Customer specific product variations which can be leveraged from
this baseline, 1 to 2.5 GHz platform, include high power pulse applications for S-Band radar and multi-kW "scaled up" power combinations
for L and S-Band applications.
In addition to the size / power density breakthrough and the element of "portability" that has been solidified with the market introduction
of this 1 to 3 GHz, 1 kW amplifier in a 5U chassis, additional features include:
- Single RF input and output operating over the specified frequency ranges.
- User selectable configuration and operation in three different modes - AGC (Automatic Gain Control), ALC (Automatic Level
Control) and MGC (Manual Gain Control).
- Optional Filter/Switches for improved harmonic rejection can be specified.
- Compact, lightweight and portable for easier maneuverability in lab environments or tactical deployments, upgrades for extreme environmental
- Enhanced ruggedness using the latest in high voltage RF transistors (GaN).
- Fast Electronic VSWR Protection providing safe and reliable operation during adverse load conditions.
- Modern and multi-faceted Monitoring and Control (M&C) user interfaces, including a Web browser, TCP/IP Ethernet, RS-485 interface
and a front panel touchscreen display. (Optional IEEE-488 GPIB interface available).
- Self-Protection and Diagnostics throughout the system including currents, voltages, forward and reverse power, temperature and VSWR.
User interface capabilities of this amplifier that are standard with Empower next generation designs allow the user to initiate remote
management and diagnostics via an embedded web server, enabling network managed site status and control simply by connecting the unit's Ethernet
port to a LAN. Using a web browser and the unit's IP address (IPV4) allows ease of access with the benefit of multilevel security. The control
system core runs an embedded OS (Linux).
Download datasheet: http://www.EmpowerRF.com/pdfs/2180.pdf
Complete Empower RF Amplifiers lineup:
Empower RF Systems is a leader in power amplifier solutions for defense, commercial, and industrial applications. Our products incorporate
the latest semiconductor and power combining technologies and originate from an extensive library of “building block” designs. Solutions
range from basic PA modules to multifunction PA assemblies with embedded, microprocessor controllers.
About Empower RF
Empower RF Systems is a leader in power amplifier solutions targeted at four key markets - electronic attack, communications, radar, and
test & measurement. Our products incorporate the latest semiconductor and power combining technologies and originate from an extensive
library of "building block" designs. Solutions range from basic PA modules to multifunction PA assemblies with embedded, microprocessor controllers.
Empower RF Systems, Inc.
316 W. Florence Avenue
Inglewood, CA 90301
P: +1 (310) 412-8100
F: +1 (310) 412-9232
Posted October 13, 2015