All RF Cafe quizzes would make perfect fodder for employment interviews for technicians or engineers
- particularly those who are fresh out of school or are relatively new to the work world. Come to
think of it, they would make equally excellent study material for the same persons who are going to
be interviewed for a job.
Some of these books used in quizzes are available as prizes
in the monthly RF Cafe Giveaway.
Note: Many answers contain passages quoted in whole or in part from the text.
Return to RF Cafe
quiz is based on the information presented in Cognitive Radar: The Knowledge-aided Fully Adaptive Approach , by
Joseph R. Guerci. Published by Artech House.
Note: Some of these books are
available as prizes in the monthly RF Cafe
1. What is meant by "cognitive" radar?
a) Ability to ignore non-relevant to
enhance relevant targets. (see page 14)
2. What are 3 examples of applications
for cognitive radar?
a) Removal of heterogeneous clutter, manmade structures, non-stationary electronics
sources. (see page 15)
3. What is an intelligent method to overcome memory access
d) Use look-ahead prediction. (see page 28)
does the acronym SINR stand for?
b) Signal-to-Interference-plus-Noise Ratio. (see page 18)
5. What is signal "whitening?"
d) Removing the "color," or non-randomness
components of noise. (see page 39)
6. How does multipath affect a radar signal?
d) All of the above. (see page 42)
7. What is a primary feature of MIMO
a) Both Tx and Rx are optimized. (see page 35)
Which channel characteristics generally depend on the transmit spatio-temporal signals?
Transmit-dependent channel estimation. (see page 96)
9. What information does
10. Who is the author of "Cognitive Radar?"
(don't look back at the top of the page)
c) Joseph Guerci