number of statements uttered verbally and/or in print is uncountable. Some are more noteworthy than others either because of sheer brilliance,
good humor, or utter inanity. We all hope our own remembered words, if any, fall into one of the first two categories rather than the third.
I do a lot of reading and find many notable quotes to use that fit the theme of RF Cafe; they fall into all three categories. I always try to
verify quotes from original sources or at least from printed books like
The Experts Speak, of which I own a hard copy. Enjoy.
Notable Tech Quote Archive
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 4 | 5 | 6 |
7 | 8 | 9 |
10 | 11 | 12 |
13 | 14 | 15 |
16 | 17 | 18 |
19 | 20 | 21 |
22 | 23 | 24 |
25 | 26 | 27 |
28 | 29 | 30 |
31 | 32 |
- "By the end of the decade, a third of a car's value will lie in its electronics and advanced technologies."
- Bill Howard, PCMag.com (2007)
- "History is changed by the people who show up." - by the sister of Brian Cody Prosser, Sgt, U.S. Army,
interred, Arlington National Cemetery
- "With over fifteen types of foreign cars already on sale here, the Japanese auto industry isn't likely to
carve out a big share of the market for itself." - Business Week, August 2, 1968.
- "Television: Something to put on [top of] a radio so that folks can see things are really as bad as they
heard they were." - Morton Thompson
- "I left Earth three times. I found no place else to go. Please take care of Spaceship Earth." - Astronaut
Wally Schirra, just prior to passing
- "Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." - Thomas Edison
- "Profanity is the one language all programmers know best." - Anon
- "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." - Thomas Jefferson
- "I keep my slide rule around for when the Big One hits." -
Tom Eastlake, engineer
- "Science is a good thing. News reporters are good things too. But it's never a good idea to put them in the
same room." - Scott Adams
- "Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted." - Anon
- "Never be afraid to try something new. Remember: Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic." -
- "I do not think that this 'transistor' can ever be worth the immense development cost that has gone into it.
It cannot be mass produced and will never be able to handle more than very small signal levels." - Dr. Thomas
- "This antitrust thing will blow over." - Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft
- "Everything that can be invented has been invented." --Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of
- "I like to con people... and I like to insult people. If you combine con and insult, you get 'consult'." -
- "This test and its results left me puzzled. The front end of my brain was in total compression." - Paul
Schimel, writing in EDN
- "Where the calculator on the ENIAC is equipped with 18,000 vacuum tubes and weighs 30 tons, computers of the
future may only use 1,000 vacuum tubes and perhaps weigh 1 1/2 tons." - Popular Mechanics, March, 1949
- "Consensus by all the Titled and Certified authorities at one time was that the Sun revolved around the
Earth" - poster David on weather.com re the global warming debate
- "I can't change the laws of physics." - Mr. Scott, USS Enterprise
- "Lost time is never found again" - Benjamin Franklin
- "You better hope that we land on the blue part."
- William Anders, Apollo 8, regarding whether they would
land on the blue or the brown part of Earth as seen from the moon.
- "Switch it on, then off... Don't forget the off." - Tom Cruise in
, when instructing his wife to throw a switch to shock him to disable an explosive device implanted in his
- "Ah! You see one Earth, you've seen them all." - Jack Schmitt, lunar module pilot
- "The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double logarithmic diagram." - Thomas Koenig