Worldwide Patent & Invention Websites
is a list of the major patent sites from all over the world. I have also included links to a few useful articles and
patent process assistance companies (those deemed safe by technical reviewers).
- Algeria: Algerian National Institute for Industrial Property
- American Inventors
Protection Act of 1999: know your rights.
- Andorra: Andorran Trade Mark Office
- Argentina: Argentine National Institute of Industrial
- Armenia: Armenian Patent Office
- Australia: Australian Patent Office
- Austria: Austrian Patent Office
- Azerbaijan: Azerbaijan Patent Office
- Barbados: Barbados Corporate Affairs and Intellectual
- Belarus: Belarus Patent Office
- Belgium: Belgium
Ministry of Economic Affairs
- Belize: Belize Intellectual Property Office
- Bosnia-Herzegovina: Institute for Standardization, Metrology
and Patents of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Brazil: Brazilian Industrial Property Institute
- Canada: Canadian Intellectual Property Office
- Chartered Institute of Patent Agents (UK):
The Institute was founded in 1882 and was incorporated by Royal Charter in 1891. It represents virtually all
the 1,500 registered patent attorneys in the UK whether they practice in industry or in private practice.
- Chile: Chilean Industrial Property Department
- China: State Intellectual Property Office of the People's
Republic of China
- Colombia: Columbian Patent Office
- Croatia: Croatian Intellectual Property Office
- Czech Republic: Czech Industrial Property Office
- Delphion (formerly IBM's Patent Research Site): If
it exists, you'll find it here. They provide complete text and an image of the first page, but charge $3 for
a PDF file.
- Denmark: Danish Patent Office
- Egypt: Egyptian Patent Office
- Eurasia: The Eurasian Patent Organization
- The European Intellectual Property Association (EIPAWEB):
represents over 100 non-governmental and other not-for-profit organisations interested in protection the intellectual
property of all Europeans.
- European Patent Office: like the name says...
- Federal Trade Commission: the FTC - it's the law,
and this is the search page.
- France: French Industrial Property Institute
- FreePatentsOnline: Similar to USPTO site,
now includes patent drawings
- Finland: National Board of Patents and Registration
- Gallery of Obscure Patents: Delphion
- Germany: Deutsches Patent- und Markenamt -
German Patent and Trade Mark Office
- Greece: Greek Industrial Property Organisation
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong Government - Intellectual Property
- Hungary: Magyar Szabadalmi Hivatal
Hungarian Patent Office
- Iceland: Industrial Patent Office of Iceland
- India: Office of the Controller General of Patents,
Designs and Trade Marks
- Indonesia: Indonesian Directorate General of Intellectual
- INSPEC: the IEE's
(not IEEE) repository of 7 million physics, EE and IT abstracts.
- InventorEd, Inc.: lists disreputable
invention promotion companies.
- IP Frontline: magazine of intellectual property and
technology, current events in the IP world.
- Ireland: Irish Patents Office
- Israel: Israel Patents, Designs and Trademark Office
Office of Patents and Trademarks
Click here to get the
AlternaTIFF browser plug-in to permit
viewing of patent images. IE does not ship with a TIFF image viewer, and one is required to view patent images
on both the USPTO site and the FreePatentsOnline.