RF, microwave, and wireless engineer,
technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies
that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent
List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
May 10, 2022 - At
Raytheon Missiles &
Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference
across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded
range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues
Raytheon Missiles & Defense miniaturized guided weapons –
rockets, artillery, GPS-guided mortars, radar-seeking and anti-armor weapons. (Raytheon
"High-tech guidance systems are fitting into increasingly smaller
weapons as engineers work to bring them the same pinpoint accuracy once found only
in mammoth missiles and hulking bombs."
The Guidance Electronics Team provides
Electrical Systems Engineering to develop Guidance Electronics solutions for
products across the Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) portfolio. Our team develops
missile Guidance Electronics Hardware. Our core electrical engineering responsibilities
include architecture, analysis, requirements, integration, and test. Our core electrical
engineering technologies include RF/RADAR, Navigation/IMU/GPS, Digital, and Power.
We partner with several Electrical Product Team departments that provide the detailed
design of our electrical products as well as missile level systems teams.
The Guidance Electronics Team is searching for an Electrical Systems Engineer
with experience in developing RF subsystems, Radars or RF seekers. The role of the
RF subsystem engineer is to design, develop and maintain RF architectures. Architecture
development includes requirements, evaluation and modeling. RF subsystem engineer
collaborates with missile level system engineers in developing requirements for
the subsystem. They perform evaluation and modeling to decompose requirements for
RF sub-assemblies and component designs.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Work environment is primarily in an office, but may include labs, field work,
or a combination.
- Assignments may include examination of hardware designs, subsystems, and components;
architecting new electronic systems; developing and documenting subsystem requirements
and test plans; peer reviews of designs as a subject matter expert; presentations
to peers, management, and government customers; and root-cause failure investigations.
- Missile Systems has a strong culture of mentoring; it is expected that employees
will be both mentors and mentees.
- Assignments may require supporting multiple programs.
- Assignments may require some travel, including foreign travel.
- Work within a multi-disciplined team.
- Work alone, with little supervision.
- Develop a network and know when to use it to get help.
- Collaboration with both Functional and Program higher level management.
- Collaboration with Customer and Suppliers.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM).
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience.
- Experience with electrical hardware development.
- Experience in sub-systems, systems engineering, requirement development and/or
- Experience in developing RF electrical subsystems.
- U.S Citizenship is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US DOD Secret clearance prior to the start
date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security
- An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years
of experience as follows: Master's is equal to 2 years of experience or a Ph.D.
is equal to 4 years of experience.
QQualifications We Value:
- Missile Radar and RF seeker subsystems typically contain antennas, analog RF
circuit cards, digital circuit cards, and configurable logic so the ideal candidate
will have a background in detailed design and troubleshooting of one or more of
these components in RF applications. Ideal candidates will also have some experience
in systems engineering and architecture and have a desire to grow into a guidance
- Experience working with missiles or similar systems.
- Knowledge of mixed signal electronics.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Ability to drive suppliers in meeting commitments.
- Knowledge of DOD Hardware development process (knowledge of design gates).
- Practical experience in all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Experience in developing proposals.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE).
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced
professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond
with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career
development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include
parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards,
educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US
citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial
Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles
and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security
Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring
and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan
region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful
mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson
is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue
skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets
residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
About Raytheon Missile & Defense
Raytheon Missiles & Defense produces a broad portfolio of advanced technologies,
including air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, and command
and control systems – delivering end-to-end solutions to detect, track and engage
threats. Our technology helps protect citizens, soldiers and critical infrastructure
around the world. If you're ready to apply your skills and talents to a challenging
and rewarding career, explore our opportunities today and join the Raytheon Missiles &
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Senior Recruiter – Engineering
Human Resources – Talent Acquisition
Raytheon Missiles & Defense
1151 E. Hermans Road
Tucson, AZ 85756
Posted May 10, 2022