RF, microwave, and wireless engineer,
technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies
that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
please contact me AFTER reading the
See most recent
List of Job Openings.
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS -
Senior Transmitter Engineer
August 19, 2021 - Ready to launch your career?
RGNext (Range Generation
Next) operates, maintains, and sustains mission-critical systems
to provide safe and effective launch, testing, and tracking of Department of Defense,
civil, commercial and international space lift vehicles. We support ballistic missile,
guided weapon and aeronautical tests and evaluations as well as support space situational
awareness operations and experiments to defend the United States to ensure our nation's
safety. Our employees serve on the forefront of global defense and space operations.
We offer our team of experienced, professional employees an environment of challenging,
stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities.
This position is located at
- Provide operations & maintenance support for L-band and S-band radar
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair various pieces of commercial and custom hardware.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance procedures and runs system diagnostic
- Lead and provide support for design and implementation of improvement and modernization
- Install new equipment; this may include and is not limited to field installation
and testing, calibration, troubleshooting and acceptance testing.
- Provide technical input regarding system configuration and performance.
- Interface directly with external customers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Familiar with L-band and S-band transmitter high power systems, RF transmission,
switchgears, and RFI shielding practices.
- Strong understanding of electrical principles and design.
- Demonstrated ability to provide electrical design.
- Familiar with and able to operate standard electronic test equipment.
- Ability to read schematic diagrams, wiring lists, and assembly prints.
- Demonstrated working ability to complete electrical designs.
- Ability to properly trouble-shoot issues in the transmitter subsystem.
- Ability to direct a group of field engineers and technicians with frequent "hands-on"
- Strong communication skills.
- Works will with others in the radar group, including management, to meet mission
- General knowledge of Analog/RF components such as amplifiers, couplers, hybrids,
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Familiar with Matlab software is desirable but not required.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Master's Degree in Engineering or related discipline is a plus.
- Two (2) or more years of related experience including field installation and
testing, calibration, troubleshooting and acceptance testing of radar hardware systems.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support
specific project or mission requirements.
- This position is accompanied.
- Must be able to relocate to the United States Army Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. passport
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance, which includes
U.S. Citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Valid U.S. Driver's License required.
Access to on-base fitness centers, pool, bowling alley, beach access, fishing,
scuba diving, snorkeling and golf course.
401k savings program with company match and vesting on day one, retail and merchant
employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more.
Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules.
Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships.
This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements
of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's
ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
Please visit RGNext's Careers page
to learn of the many opportunities available.
The RGNext Launch and Test
Range System (LISC) Team offers capabilities in range safety, weather, surveillance,
modeling and simulation, planning and scheduling, telemetry, radar, optics, timing
and sequencing, data handling, and communications. We also provide logistics support,
depot maintenance and sustainment.
RGNext executes the U.S.
Army's Reagan Test Site (RTS) Engineering and Technical Services (RETS) contract
that performs highly specialized test and evaluation operations. RTS operates as
a tenant unit on the US Army Garrison - Kwajalein Atoll (USAG-KA) in the Republic
of Marshall Islands and in Huntsville, Alabama. This contract provides a vehicle
for the provision of world class distributed, yet globally connected, RTS Range
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected
Veteran status or any other protected class.
Range Generation Next LLC (RGNext) is jointly owned by Raytheon Company and General
Dynamics Information Technology. RGNext is committed to providing our customers
with unparalleled service, meeting quality assurance objectives and reducing costs.
By requiring continuous improvement and promoting efficient practices, each employee
is empowered to support our customer’s missions. RGNext is responsible for operations
and specialized and technical services in these locations:
- Ascension Island, Atlantic Ocean
- Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Jonathan Dickinson Missile Tracking Annex, Florida
- Kennedy Space Center, Florida
- Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands
- Patrick Air Force Base, Florida
- Pillar Point Air Force Station, California
- Vandenberg Air Force Base, California
6905 N. Wickham Road, Ste. 301
Melbourne, FL 32940
Posted August 19, 2021