Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted
on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company and would like
to be represented on RF Cafe, please contact me AFTER reading the Terms
of Use. NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I am providing my service
free of charge to benefit both individuals and companies, but donations would be appreciated. See most recent
list of job openings here.
SecureRF, a Connecticut based company, develops solutions that combine security and cryptography with low resource computing devices. Our breakthroughs in authentication and data protection performance are being applied to mobile payments, wireless sensors, machine-to-machine (M2M) and automated identification technologies such as NFC and RFID.
As we bring our secure products to market and develop new security and sensor solutions, we are looking for RFID Hardware Engineers who have experience with RF wireless communication systems such as NFC and RFID to join our experienced team.
RFID Hardware Engineer
We are seeking an experienced engineer who have a proven track record of developing and providing support for various new wireless sensor, NFC and RFID hardware and applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Requirements: (Education, training, skills etc.)
- Create product requirements and test plan to support their development
- Development of wireless sensors and RFID products, which may include off the shelf chips, FPGA and/or digital circuit design via RTL and then a Netlist
- Develop an end-to-end system simulation and analysis to evaluate various technical issues
- Develop new methods / algorithms to improve system performance
- Assist with standards protocol investigation, analysis and proposal preparation
- Provide written reports and summaries of development projects and tasks
If you have a strong background and feel you would be a good fit, please drop us a line to learn more. Please email your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources department at Jobs @ SecureRF.com (remove the spaces) and put the position name in the subject line.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Minimum 5 years of experience in RF wireless communication system
- A solid understanding of wireless communications in theory and applications, plus RFID experience is required. Strong experience with GS1 EPCglobal Class 1, Generation 2 protocols and experience with 18000-7, HF, Zig Bee and NFC protocols preferred
- Working knowledge of and ability to create and navigate through detailed technical standards/specifications and other technical documents
- Knowledge of cryptography and security methods is a plus
- Understanding of digital wireless communication system analysis and design such as: Link budget; Channel planning, Multipath Fading analysis, Modulator/Demodulator schema design, Spectrum and bandwidth analysis and System Performance (BER, PER) analysis
- Knowledgeable in CAD/CAE tools
- Knowledge of Mat lab, ADS or similar simulation tools
- Knowledgeable in Verilog or VHDL, test bench development, and code control
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must work alone or in a team, in a minimum supervision environment and be self-motivated
We are an equal opportunity employer offering medical benefits, disability insurance, paid time off and holidays, health and dependent care spending accounts and a 401K retirement plan.
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Due to our customers and the cryptographic nature of our work, this position requires that you be eligible to obtain United States Secret Clearance.
EOE. No Recruiters please.
More information and additional job openings can be found at http://www.securerf.com/employment.shtml.
Posted January 19, 2014