June 4, 2014
KEYW is a specialized provider of cybersecurity and geospatial intelligence solutions to commercial enterprises and Government defense, intelligence, and homeland security agencies. We develop creative, cutting-edge technology to protect and strengthen public and private critical infrastructure assets. Team members make important, creative contributions to science, defense, space, and the intelligence community. KEYW appreciates the talents and enthusiasm of our unique team. We offer excellent opportunities for professional and technical advancement, support work-life balance, and provide generous benefits.
An innovative RF engineer and technical leader who likes unconventional design work at the component level. This position affords an opportunity to work with a team to design systems that solve complex and unique mission and operational requirements. Most projects involve the entire gamut of engineering: concept, design, development, test, and operational implementation and are typically quick turnaround in nature. The RF Engineer will have the opportunity to combine analytical skills, experientially-based insight, and creativity to execute hands-on development and testing of unique communications systems.
Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates complex hardware devices and/or systems. Has technical responsibility for planning and conducting technical projects or phases of projects and may coordinate the efforts of technical support personnel, engineers, and technicians as required. Develops and recommends design approaches for new or improved products and processes. Consolidates results of hardware design elements for assigned projects. Conducts independent technical investigations involving the origination or modification of material, component or process specifications and requirements. May evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Experience in the design and development of custom antennas for tight integration with electronics: generating link budgets, creating and testing antennas, integrating antennas into working communication systems.
- Extensive understanding of communication system design and proficiency in circuitry for audio, video, and digital radio systems to include circuit design and PWB/PCB layout.
- Innovative problem solving skills.
- Ability to assess the nature and scope of a communication systems problem, decompose a problem into manageable elements and manage their own time and effort to create a product that meets mission and operational requirements.
- Must be able to leverage emerging technology and apply it in innovative ways to quickly solve unique, complex operational problems.
- Candidates must possess practical knowledge experience in RF design, test, operational implementation, digital communications, embedded hardware, etc.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of applicable experience is desired.
- Specific experience with RF systems and components that operate in the UHF and VHF bands is desired.
- Software proficiency in the following tools: MATLAB, ANSYS HFSS (High-Frequency Structural Simulator) or comparable FEA solver for electromagnetic structures
DC / Northern, VA
BS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related discipline is required.
Position requires a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
See job listing online at https://external-keywcorp.icims.com/jobs/1982/senior-rf-engineer/job
See all current jobs opportunities for KEYW
KEYW is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE, M/F/D/V.
7740 Milestone Parkway, Suite 400
Hanover, MD 21076
Direct Number: 443.733-1804
New Main Fax: 443.733. 1801
Posted June 6, 2014