Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and
sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS - See most recent list of job openings here.
June 4, 2014
KEYW is a specialized provider of cybersecurity and geospatial intelligence solutions to commercial enterprises
and Government defense, intelligence, and homeland security agencies. We develop creative, cutting-edge technology
to protect and strengthen public and private critical infrastructure assets. Team members make important, creative
contributions to science, defense, space, and the intelligence community. KEYW appreciates the talents and enthusiasm
of our unique team. We offer excellent opportunities for professional and technical advancement, support work-life
balance, and provide generous benefits.
An innovative RF
engineer and technical leader who likes unconventional design work at the component level. This position affords
an opportunity to work with a team to design systems that solve complex and unique mission and operational requirements.
Most projects involve the entire gamut of engineering: concept, design, development, test, and operational implementation
and are typically quick turnaround in nature. The RF Engineer will have the opportunity to combine analytical skills,
experientially-based insight, and creativity to execute hands-on development and testing of unique communications
Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates complex hardware devices and/or systems. Has technical responsibility
for planning and conducting technical projects or phases of projects and may coordinate the efforts of technical support
personnel, engineers, and technicians as required. Develops and recommends design approaches for new or improved products
and processes. Consolidates results of hardware design elements for assigned projects. Conducts independent technical
investigations involving the origination or modification of material, component or process specifications and requirements.
May evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Experience in the design and development of custom antennas for tight integration with electronics: generating
link budgets, creating and testing antennas, integrating antennas into working communication systems.
- Extensive understanding of communication system design and proficiency in circuitry for audio, video, and digital
radio systems to include circuit design and PWB/PCB layout.
- Innovative problem solving skills.
- Ability to assess the nature and scope of a communication systems problem, decompose a problem into manageable
elements and manage their own time and effort to create a product that meets mission and operational requirements.
- Must be able to leverage emerging technology and apply it in innovative ways to quickly solve unique, complex
- Candidates must possess practical knowledge experience in RF design, test, operational implementation, digital
communications, embedded hardware, etc.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of applicable experience is desired.
- Specific experience with RF systems and components that operate in the UHF and VHF bands is desired.
- Software proficiency in the following tools: MATLAB, ANSYS HFSS (High-Frequency Structural Simulator) or comparable
FEA solver for electromagnetic structures
DC / Northern, VA
BS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related discipline is required.
Position requires a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as
the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
See job listing online at
See all current
jobs opportunities for KEYW
KEYW is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE, M/F/D/V.
7740 Milestone Parkway, Suite 400
Hanover, MD 21076
Direct Number: 443.733-1804
New Main Fax: 443.733. 1801
Posted June 6, 2014