Quality Manager Position Available with Semtech
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities
are posted on behalf of companies who are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company and would like to be represented on RF Cafe, please contact me AFTER
NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
During this era of economic hardship, I am providing
my service free of charge to benefit both individuals and companies, but donations would be
Posted March 1, 2013
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of high-quality analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products. We are dedicated to providing you with proprietary solutions and breakthrough technology in power management, circuit protection, timing and synchronization, touch interface, video broadcasting, high-performance optical transport equipment (SerDes), high-reliability military products, low-power wireless RF, and digital sensor/signal conditioning ICs. Our products are used in some of the most innovative systems and in some of the fastest growing markets in the industry. These markets include Smartphones, LCD TVs, Notebook Computers, Wireless LAN Modems, Automatic Meter Reading, Ultra-Low Power Medical, Satellite Communication, Cellular Infrastructure, Optical Transport and Datacenters.
Quality Manager: Semtech
The candidate must make significant contributions to preventing quality issues and to making continuous improvements.
- Develops, implements, and maintains technical quality assurance and control systems and activities.
- Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of company products.
- Participates in the reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality requirements and considerations.
- Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Performs/coordinates analysis of RMAs from customers, evaluates viability of returns and takes remediation action required. Works with business unit engineering teams and supplier quality engineering to resolve customer issues.
- Resolves customer initiated corrective actions.
- Works with business unit and suppliers as necessary to drive quality improvements.
RMA, CCARE, FMEA, ISO, CAR, PAR, Continuous improvement.
- BS Electrical Engineering with 8 years of experience. MS in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Solid knowledge of RF theory and previous experience with testing and quality assurance of millimeter wave products.
- Previous hands on experience with quality management systems, acquiring and maintaining ISO certifications.
- Solid knowledge of product engineering fundamentals.
- Ability to identify semiconductor device failure mechanisms.
- Effective communicator with the ability to interface at all levels within the organization, possessing a thorough written and verbal command of the English language.
- Experience in defense industry (dealing with customers and suppliers) preferred.
- Travel May be Required: 10 to 20 %