Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are
posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company, please
NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS - See most recent list of job openings here.
Thousand Oaks, CA
For over 50 years, Trak Microwave has delivered
reliability and performance to every mission. TRAK Microwave, an ISO 9001 & AS9100 registered company, designs
and manufactures a diverse range of RF and microwave integrated assemblies, subsystems, components and time and
frequency systems for defense, space and commercial applications worldwide.
Trak Microwave is one of
twenty-one diversified brands within Smiths Interconnect
, a leader in technically
differentiated electronic and radio frequency products that connect, protect and control critical systems for the
wireless telecommunications, aerospace, defense, space, data centers, medical, rail, test and industrial markets.
Together, Trak and Smiths Interconnect will continue providing products and services of unsurpassed performance
to our clients and unequaled career opportunities to our team members.
provides sales management and technical support in pursuit and capture of new product development
and recurring business opportunities. Requires a high degree of creative ability and independent judgment.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Business development: Identify potential customers for Ferrite and Filter products and coordinate travel
with local sales representatives to customer sites in pursuit of new and recurring business opportunities; provide
sales presentations and support technical training at customer sites; training and use of Salesforce.com as opportunity
management and sales forecasting tool; support Sales Director in preparation of various reports to sr. management
- Proposal development: Participate in customer requirements evaluation, solution development, technical
analysis, material and labor costing and pricing, and coordinating efforts in developing new business proposals.
Provide local and/or on-site support of proposal defense and presentation to customers. Core technologies that
must be in the candidates technical background include: ferrite devices (isolators, circulators, and integrated
functions such as iso-filters, iso-detectors, and other similar devices), filters (discrete, cavity, ceramic,
tunable, coplanar), and other passive components such as couplers, adapters, attenuators, and hybrids.
- Problem Resolution: Support transition of new projects from proposal stage to design engineering staff;
assist Engineering Managers with resolution of critical technical issues on active projects by providing communications
path and maintaining customer relationships; participate in internal design reviews to improve general knowledge
and specific design techniques employed by the Company.
- Sales Administration: Support establishment of annual goals/targets for new and recurring business development
and create action plans with Sales Director. Develop monthly/quarterly/annual reporting for Plan versus Actual
performance. Participate in cross-functional teams to address growth initiatives and coordination across
business development enterprise. Maintain remote office with proper supplies and equipment and manage costs
in accordance with annual plan. Provide a professional appearance and profile in front of customers and other
stakeholders, and maintain the highest standards of integrity in all business dealing.
- Technology: Participate in regular reviews that address the Company's technology roadmap and provide
customer insight into developing plans and investments into new technology that support sales growth. Maintain
understanding of competitive offerings and feedback those data to internal engineering staff.
- Complies with and ensures department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Complies with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
- May have indirect supervisory duties of a project team and lower level technical staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing
- BS in Electrical Engineer or related field of study.
- 10 years minimum related experience of combined engineering and sales in RF/Microwave passive components;
or equivalent combination of education and experience with demonstration of specific product related ability and
aptitude are required for this job.
- Ability to travel up to 70% to both local and national locations using air and ground methods.
- Must be a US Citizen due to DoD security clearance requirements.
- Good communication and working relationship skills to interface with product management, sales, customers
- Advanced skills and knowledge of MS Office programs with adequate typing skills.
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle preferably) used to plan work orders and material.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures,
or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers,
and the general public.
- Ability to solve complex practical problems.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives, and reassign priorities.
- Deal with a wide variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically and develop strategic plan.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and influence diverse global teams.
- Ability to lead and work in cross-functional multi-cultural teams.
- Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-30 pounds.
Trak offers an excellent compensation package, including comprehensive benefits.Qualified candidates
may apply online at:
to the volume of applicants please no phone calls or agencies.
Key Words: RF Microwave; Radio Frequency; Electrical Engineer; Electrical Engineering;
Sales Engineer; Business Development
Posted May 25, 2013