Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are
posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company, please
NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I am providing my service free of charge to benefit both individuals and companies, but donations would be appreciated.
See most recent list of job openings here.
R&D Hardware Engineer
Symmetricom (NASDAQ: SYMM), a world leader in precise time
solutions, sets the world's standard for time. The company generates, distributes and applies precise
time for the communications, aerospace/defense, IT infrastructure and metrology industries.
Symmetricom's customers, from communications service providers and network equipment manufacturers to
governments and their suppliers worldwide, are able to build more reliable networks and systems by using
the company's advanced timing technologies, atomic clocks, services and solutions. All products support
today's precise timing standards, including GPS-based timing, IEEE 1588 (PTP), Network Time Protocol
(NTP), Synchronous Ethernet and DOCSIS® timing.
As an R&D Hardware Engineer, you will be
designing and developing leading edge timing solutions, and supporting production for a variety of
precision frequency source applications in the space, defense, and avionics industries. In
particular, you will be the responsible Project Engineer for various precision Rubidium and crystal
oscillator projects at the component and sub-system level involving synthesized reference sources. The
detailed responsibilities include circuit design and related technical analyses, production and sales
support, test development and direct customer technical interface. Sound oscillator, phase-lock-loop,
digital design skills along with the knowledge and understanding of the effects of space and military
applications, shock, vibration, temperature and radiation are critical.
- BSEE in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Experienced in Oscillator and PLL design, including crystal oscillators (XO), ceramic resonator
oscillators (CRO) and/or dielectric resonator oscillators (DRO)
- Knowledgeable with schematic capture, board layout and board level design processes.
- Strong computer skills including Electrical Simulations, Matlab, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills
- Willingness to
travel 4-6 times per year
- Demonstrated project engineering and leadership
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Please submit your letter
and resume at #1415 on our Career Page:
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience
in RF, digital and mixed signal circuit design
- Knowledgeable with DSP and
FPGA development tools, C, C++ and HDL
- Background in a space, military or
- Background in physics
No relocation and no third party referrals.