Over 10,000 pages indexed!
redefining what an
engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Hobby & Fun
Airplanes and Rockets:
My personal hobby website
My daughter Sally's horse riding business website - lots of info
My son-in-law's dog training business
Symmetricom Looking for an R&D Hardware Engineer
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted
on behalf of companies who are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company and would
like to be represented on RF Cafe, please contact me AFTER
. NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
During this era of economic hardship, I am providing my service free of charge to benefit both individuals and companies,
but donations would be appreciated.
R&D Hardware Engineer
Symmetricom (NASDAQ: SYMM), a world leader in precise time solutions, sets the world's standard for time. The company generates, distributes and applies precise time for the communications, aerospace/defense, IT infrastructure and metrology industries. Symmetricom's customers, from communications service providers and network equipment manufacturers to governments and their suppliers worldwide, are able to build more reliable networks and systems by using the company's advanced timing technologies, atomic clocks, services and solutions. All products support today's precise timing standards, including GPS-based timing, IEEE 1588 (PTP), Network Time Protocol (NTP), Synchronous Ethernet and DOCSIS® timing.
As an R&D Hardware Engineer, you will be designing and developing leading edge timing solutions, and supporting production for a variety of precision frequency source applications in the space, defense, and avionics industries. In particular, you will be the responsible Project Engineer for various precision Rubidium and crystal oscillator projects at the component and sub-system level involving synthesized reference sources. The detailed responsibilities include circuit design and related technical analyses, production and sales support, test development and direct customer technical interface. Sound oscillator, phase-lock-loop, digital design skills along with the knowledge and understanding of the effects of space and military applications, shock, vibration, temperature and radiation are critical.
- BSEE in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Experienced in Oscillator and PLL design, including crystal oscillators (XO), ceramic resonator oscillators (CRO) and/or dielectric resonator oscillators (DRO)
- Knowledgeable with schematic capture, board layout and board level design processes.
- Strong computer skills including Electrical Simulations, Matlab, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel 4-6 times per year
- Demonstrated project engineering and leadership experience
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Please submit your letter and resume at #1415 on our Career Page:
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in RF, digital and mixed signal circuit design
- Knowledgeable with DSP and FPGA development tools, C, C++ and HDL
- Background in a space, military or avionics environment
- Background in physics
No relocation and no third party referrals.