Senior LTE Network Emulator Layer 1 Architect / Developer
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted
on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company and would
like to be represented on RF Cafe, please contact me AFTER
. NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I am providing my service free of charge to benefit both individuals and companies,
but donations would be appreciated.
Software / Firmware Senior Staff Engineer
– Will Consider East or West Coast
The successful candidate will be part of a team developing
embedded software for test solutions for mobile device testing. Position involves the development of embedded SW
for LTE L1 SDR (software defined radio) on Xilinx FPGA, PPC, and x86 processors. This includes the integration of
hardware and software. The successful candidate will implement new products as well as enhancements to existing
products. This also includes the integration of hardware and software. The successful candidate will implement new
products as well as enhancements to existing products and have leadership responsibilities.
- Architecture, Design, and implementation of embedded software for LTE L1 SDR.
- Design specification, implementation, and testing of embedded and applications software for test instruments.
- Development verification test plan development and execution.
Spirent Communications – Inspiring Innovation – Enriching Life
- BSEE/BSCE required. MSEE/MSCE desired.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in a similar position in related technologies.
- Strong familiarity with LTE/UMTS/CDMA wireless communication technologies and a high aptitude for both physical
layer and protocol layer details related to RF communication networks. In-depth knowledge of L1/L2 procedures
and the utilization of them is highly desirable.
- Experience with design verification testing of wireless terminals is desired; experience with script-based
network simulators also desired.
- Strong knowledge of structured software design practices.
- Experience with FPGA design and VHDL is desired.
- Microsoft .NET or PowerPC based WindRiver VxWorks experience desirable.
- Data network protocols (TCP/UDP/SIP) experience desirable.
- Motivated, self-starter who likes challenging work.
- Possess strong problem solving skills and team-oriented approach.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are also needed in this position.
- Ability to travel internationally.
is where the world’s leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for
next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's
test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations
for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential.
The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even
defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow’s communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent
is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities,
vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated
people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this
is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start
with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities.
We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for
you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?Apply directly
Tracy A. James | Spirent Communications | East Coast Recruitment
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/tracyannjames
Join the Spirent Team!www.spirent.com/go/careers
Here are all 5 jobs posted on this date:
Posted August 16, 2013