Over 10,000 pages indexed!
redefining what an
engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Hobby & Fun
Airplanes and Rockets:
My personal hobby website
My daughter Sally's horse riding business website - lots of info
My son-in-law's dog training business
Spirent Has an Opening for a Senior LTE Network Emulator Layer 1
Architect / Developer Software / Firmware Senior Staff Engineer
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted
on behalf of companies who are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company and would
like to be represented on RF Cafe, please contact me AFTER
. NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
During this era of economic hardship, I am providing my service free of charge to benefit both individuals and companies,
but donations would be appreciated.
Senior LTE Network Emulator Layer 1 Architect / Developer
Software / Firmware Senior Staff Engineer
– Will Consider East or West Coast
The successful candidate will be part of a team developing embedded software for test solutions for mobile device testing. Position involves the development of embedded SW for LTE L1 SDR (software defined radio) on Xilinx FPGA, PPC, and x86 processors. This includes the integration of hardware and software. The successful candidate will implement new products as well as enhancements to existing products. This also includes the integration of hardware and software. The successful candidate will implement new products as well as enhancements to existing products and have leadership responsibilities.
- Architecture, Design, and implementation of embedded software for LTE L1 SDR.
- Design specification, implementation, and testing of embedded and applications software for test instruments.
- Development verification test plan development and execution.
Spirent Communications – Inspiring Innovation – Enriching Life
- BSEE/BSCE required. MSEE/MSCE desired.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in a similar position in related technologies.
- Strong familiarity with LTE/UMTS/CDMA wireless communication technologies and a high aptitude for both physical layer and protocol layer details related to RF communication networks. In-depth knowledge of L1/L2 procedures and the utilization of them is highly desirable.
- Experience with design verification testing of wireless terminals is desired; experience with script-based network simulators also desired.
- Strong knowledge of structured software design practices.
- Experience with FPGA design and VHDL is desired.
- Microsoft .NET or PowerPC based WindRiver VxWorks experience desirable.
- Data network protocols (TCP/UDP/SIP) experience desirable.
- Motivated, self-starter who likes challenging work.
- Possess strong problem solving skills and team-oriented approach.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are also needed in this position.
- Ability to travel internationally.
Spirent Communications is where the world’s leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential. The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow’s communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities, vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities. We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
Apply directly at:
Tracy A. James | Spirent Communications | East Coast Recruitment
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/tracyannjames
Join the Spirent Team!
Here are all 5 jobs posted on this date:
Posted August 16, 2013