RF Hardware, Staff Engineer
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are
posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company, please
NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS - See most recent list of job openings here.
The successful candidate will be part of a team developing
HW for Spirent's industry leading Network Emulators for mobile device testing. Position involves the development
of RF, Microwave, High Speed Digital, and Mixed Signal hardware. This includes the integration of hardware and software.
The successful candidate will implement new products as well as enhancements to existing products and have leadership
- Design, Implement, Integration, and Verify Instrumentation Hardware
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for team
- Provide development team leadership for hardware projects
- Development verification test plan development and execution
- Collaboration with the manufacturing team
Desired Additional Skills:
- BSEE/BSCE required. MSEE/MSCE desired
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a similar position in related technologies
- Experience technically leading a product development team highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of hardware design, implementation, integration, and verification practices desired
- Strong knowledge of hardware technology, including RF/Microwave, High speed digital, and mixed-signal
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, including methods and practices to Design For Manufacturability
- Technical and conversational English speaking and writing required
- Knowledge of Embedded SW design, implementation, integration, and test desired
- Knowledge of FPGA design, implementation, integration, and test desired
- Experience with design verification testing of wireless terminals is desired; experience with script-based
network simulators also desired
- Motivated, self-starter who likes challenging work
- Possess strong problem solving skills and team-oriented approach
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to travel internationally
Spirent Communications – Inspiring Innovation – Enriching Life
- Familiarity with LTE/UMTS/CDMA/WiFi wireless communication technologies and a high aptitude for both physical
layer and protocol layer details related to RF communication networks. In-depth knowledge of L1/L2 procedures
and the utilization of them is desirable
- Ability to perform frequency planning for RF products which include digital circuitry with numerous clocking
- Ability to assess the viability of various RF architectures
- Experience using RF Simulation software to analyze performance of RF systems & circuits, and experience
with AWR is a plus.
- Able to manage 3rd party suppliers supporting Spirent development
is where the world’s leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for
next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's
test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations
for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential.
The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even
defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow’s communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent
is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities,
vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated
people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this
is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start
with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities.
We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for
you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?Apply directly
Tracy A. James | Spirent Communications | East Coast Recruitment
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/tracyannjames
Join the Spirent Team!www.spirent.com/go/careers
Here are all 5 jobs posted on this date:
Posted August 16, 2013