Over 10,000 pages indexed!
redefining what an
engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Hobby & Fun
Airplanes and Rockets:
My personal hobby website
My daughter Sally's horse riding business website - lots of info
My son-in-law's dog training business
RF/Interconnect Design Engineer
by TRU Corporation
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted
on behalf of companies who are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company and would
like to be represented on RF Cafe, please contact me AFTER
. NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
During this era of economic hardship, I am providing my service free of charge to benefit both individuals and companies,
but donations would be appreciated.
JOB TITLE: RF/Interconnect Design Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Design Engineering
SOURCE OF SUPERVISION: Engineering Manager
As directed by engineering management, this position is primarily responsible for product design and development for customer funded programs and new product research and development. In addition, provides direct support to business development functions as well as operations on existing products.
- Performs product design/development of new products to meet customer funded programs and new product development projects in accordance with TRU engineering standards, systems, procedures and policies.
- Specifies designs and documents all materials, components, performance specifications, etc.
- Creates detailed drawings, procedures and BOM’s as needed to manufacture designs.
- Documents and records all product data/design information using CAD and product data management/ERP system.
- Performs research to determine product design/development feasibility.
- Initiates, reviews and processes ECO’s for existing product designs/parts.
Supports Business Development:
- Represents engineering and participates in Material Review Board to review and disposition non-conforming product.
- Performs Failure Analysis independently or as part of team to determine root cause and generate corrective action (CAR).
- Identifies and/or specifies sequence of production steps and special equipment/tooling requirements.
- Identifies and/or specifies test requirements, test plans/procedures and special test equipment.
- Identifies and/or specifies sources for new materials, processes, and/or equipment.
- Reviews and provides technical content of proposal/quote response (i.e. specification reviews, design concept drawings, performance limits, etc.) to applications and sales teams, pre-award.
- Interfaces with customers directly and to support sales team including but not limited to customer visits, meetings, tradeshow attendance, lunch and learn technical product fairs, etc.
- Interfaces with program management, post-award, to ensure all technical/schedule aspects of program are met.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Test and inspection for prototype and/or initial production builds.
- Product and general training for internal functions.
- Interfaces with suppliers to resolve any technical issues with products and/or services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to act as a direct technical liaison with all internal and external functions, specifically applications engineering, program management and field sales.
- Ability to use SolidWorks CAD platform and working knowledge of product data management and ERP systems.
- Ability to use/demonstrate test equipment to perform VSWR, insertion loss, and phase match testing.
- Intimate knowledge of specifications, regulations and compliance requirements as they pertain to RF Microwave industry (i.e. military specifications, RoHS, UL, Plenum, etc.).
For more detailed information about TRU Corporation as well as the responsibilities and requirements for this position, please visit our website at www.trucorporation.com. Interested candidates should send their resume to:
- Bachelor’s degree (BSEE or BSME) and 5 years RF microwave interconnect experience or 10 years of experience directly related to the design/manufacture/test of RF microwave products.
- Working knowledge and design experience of RF Interconnect Technology and RF Passive and Active components preferred.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
245 Lynnfield Street
Peabody, MA 01960
No calls please. EOE.
TRU Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer