Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and
sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS - See most recent list of job openings here.
Posted 2-20-2013JOB TITLE:
RF/Interconnect Design Engineer DEPARTMENT:
SOURCE OF SUPERVISION:
As directed by engineering management, this position is primarily
responsible for product design and development for customer funded programs and new product research
and development. In addition, provides direct support to business development functions
as well as operations on existing products.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs product design/development of new products to meet customer funded programs and
new product development projects in accordance with TRU engineering standards, systems, procedures
- Specifies designs and documents all materials, components, performance specifications, etc.
- Creates detailed drawings, procedures and BOM’s as needed to manufacture designs.
- Documents and records all product data/design information using CAD and product data management/ERP
- Performs research to determine product design/development feasibility.
- Initiates, reviews and processes ECO’s for existing product designs/parts.
- Represents engineering and participates in Material Review Board to review and disposition
- Performs Failure Analysis independently or as part of team to determine root cause and generate
corrective action (CAR).
- Identifies and/or specifies sequence of production steps and special equipment/tooling requirements.
- Identifies and/or specifies test requirements, test plans/procedures and special test equipment.
- Identifies and/or specifies sources for new materials, processes, and/or equipment.
Supports Business Development:
- Reviews and provides technical content of proposal/quote response (i.e. specification reviews,
design concept drawings, performance limits, etc.) to applications and sales teams, pre-award.
- Interfaces with customers directly and to support sales team including but not limited to
customer visits, meetings, tradeshow attendance, lunch and learn technical product fairs, etc.
- Interfaces with program management, post-award, to ensure all technical/schedule aspects
of program are met.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Test and inspection for prototype and/or initial production builds.
- Product and general training for internal functions.
- Interfaces with suppliers to resolve any technical issues with products and/or services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to act as a direct technical liaison with
all internal and external functions, specifically applications engineering, program management
and field sales.
- Ability to use SolidWorks CAD platform and working knowledge of product data management
and ERP systems.
- Ability to use/demonstrate test equipment to perform VSWR, insertion loss, and phase match
- Intimate knowledge of specifications, regulations and compliance requirements as they pertain
to RF Microwave industry (i.e. military specifications, RoHS, UL, Plenum, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree (BSEE or BSME) and 5 years RF microwave interconnect experience or 10
years of experience directly related to the design/manufacture/test of RF microwave products.
- Working knowledge and design experience of RF Interconnect Technology and RF Passive and
Active components preferred.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
For more detailed information about TRU Corporation as well as the responsibilities and requirements
for this position, please visit our website at www.trucorporation.com
Interested candidates should send their resume to:
245 Lynnfield Street
Peabody, MA 01960
No calls please. EOE.
TRU Corporation is an Equal Opportunity