Over 10,000 pages indexed!
redefining what an
engineering website should be.
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Hobby & Fun
Airplanes and Rockets:
My personal hobby website
My daughter Sally's horse riding business website - lots of info
My son-in-law's dog training business
RF Design Engineer Needed
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted
on behalf of companies who are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company and would
like to be represented on RF Cafe, please contact me AFTER
. NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
During this era of economic hardship, I am providing my service free of charge to benefit both individuals and companies,
but donations would be appreciated.
RF Design Engineer, Level IV
Job Title: Level IV RF Design Engineer
FreeWave is a market leader providing wireless data communications equipment to industrial and military customers worldwide for more than 17 years. We are niche suppliers for Oil & Gas, Power, Water, and telemetry for other emerging areas including voice and video communications. We are committed to providing best-in-class radio products and unmatched customer service and support. We seek staff who are willing to help us grow and to achieve our commitments with excellence.
FreeWave Technologies, Inc. engineers and manufactures certain products that are considered ITAR-controlled items under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Consistent with ITAR, any position at FreeWave that involves work with the engineering or manufacturing functions of the Company may only be filled by a candidate who is (i) a citizen of the United States, or (ii) a person who has been accorded the privilege of residing permanently in the United States as an immigrant in accordance with the immigration laws.
We are looking for a Senior Level RF Design Engineer with 10+ years of experience in radio design. The ideal candidate will have experience designing and developing data radios from concept through production-ready on multiple products using a mix of discrete RF components and integrated circuits. The ideal candidate will also have a strong understanding of radio system design and have a deep understanding of the tradeoffs at both the design and system level to achieve a product that meets specifications. He/She will have proven design experience in: receivers, transmitters, synthesizers, VCO’s, lumped element filters, and power conditioning circuits – and have a deep understanding of the tradeoffs within each subsystem with respect to overall radio system performance, power efficiency, cost, and schedule. Next, the ideal candidate must have experience designing with manufacturability in mind, and have experience ramping products in production at the end of the R&D cycle.
We are looking for a high-performance design leader who values information-sharing between peers and enjoys teaching and mentoring junior people in a positive/respectful environment.
Quality – To be successful in this position, the candidate must have a commitment to quality in everything they do. This means continuous improvement of activities and processes. In order to do so, the candidate must show an ability to drive to root cause and resolve issues related to that cause.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated history of designing multiple radio products from concept through production-ready.
- Radio System Level Experience: cascade analysis, ADS system simulations, power budget analysis, and reliability analysis.
- Receiver technology, which includes the design or integration of: RF filtering; LNA; image filtering; mixer integration; IF filtering; IF amplifiers; IF IC integration; pin diode switching.
- Transmitter technology, which includes the design or integration of: power amplifiers (up to 5W), gain stages, TR switches, and filtering.
- Synthesizer technology: synthesizer IC integration, discrete VCO, loop filter, and PLL simulation and design.
- Simulation experience in one of the core commercial RF simulators (ADS preferred).
- EM simulation experience (2D).
- Experience writing RFQ’s for components and testing / analyzing component samples.
- Ability to act as a technical resource internally and externally, with a strong comprehension of the importance.
Competent in operating: spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, modulation domain analyzer, oscilloscope, noise figure meter, DMM, LCR Meter, and soldering down to 0402 level components.
- A great team player / leader who has the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally to the company.
- Direct experience designing for GFSK, QPSK, and QAM systems.
- Master in system-level design work as well as RF design.
FreeWave Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
- BSEE required, and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- MSEE preferred, and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience
Please send your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com with the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Please visit our Careers page for other opportunities with FreeWave Technologies.