Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted
on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company and would like
to be represented on RF Cafe, please contact me AFTER reading the Terms
of Use. NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I am providing my service
free of charge to benefit both individuals and companies, but donations would be appreciated. See most recent
list of job openings here.
RF Design Engineer, Level IV
Job Title: Level IV RF Design Engineer
FreeWave is a market leader providing wireless data communications
equipment to industrial and military customers worldwide for more than 17 years. We are niche suppliers for Oil &
Gas, Power, Water, and telemetry for other emerging areas including voice and video communications. We are
committed to providing best-in-class radio products and unmatched customer service and support. We seek staff who
are willing to help us grow and to achieve our commitments with excellence.
FreeWave Technologies, Inc.
engineers and manufactures certain products that are considered ITAR-controlled items under the International
Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Consistent with ITAR, any position at FreeWave that involves work with the
engineering or manufacturing functions of the Company may only be filled by a candidate who is (i) a citizen of
the United States, or (ii) a person who has been accorded the privilege of residing permanently in the United
States as an immigrant in accordance with the immigration laws.
are looking for a Senior Level RF Design Engineer with 10+ years of experience in radio design. The ideal
candidate will have experience designing and developing data radios from concept through production-ready on
multiple products using a mix of discrete RF components and integrated circuits. The ideal candidate will also
have a strong understanding of radio system design and have a deep understanding of the tradeoffs at both the
design and system level to achieve a product that meets specifications. He/She will have proven design experience
in: receivers, transmitters, synthesizers, VCO’s, lumped element filters, and power conditioning circuits – and
have a deep understanding of the tradeoffs within each subsystem with respect to overall radio system performance,
power efficiency, cost, and schedule. Next, the ideal candidate must have experience designing with
manufacturability in mind, and have experience ramping products in production at the end of the R&D cycle.
We are looking for a high-performance design leader who values information-sharing between peers and enjoys
teaching and mentoring junior people in a positive/respectful environment.
Quality – To be successful in
this position, the candidate must have a commitment to quality in everything they do. This means continuous
improvement of activities and processes. In order to do so, the candidate must show an ability to drive to root
cause and resolve issues related to that cause.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
Demonstrated history of designing multiple radio products from concept through production-ready.
- Radio System Level Experience: cascade analysis, ADS system simulations, power budget analysis, and
- Receiver technology, which includes the design or integration of: RF filtering; LNA; image filtering; mixer
integration; IF filtering; IF amplifiers; IF IC integration; pin diode switching.
- Transmitter technology, which includes the design or integration of: power amplifiers (up to 5W), gain
stages, TR switches, and filtering.
- Synthesizer technology: synthesizer IC integration, discrete VCO, loop filter, and PLL simulation and
- Simulation experience in one of the core commercial RF simulators (ADS preferred).
- EM simulation experience (2D).
- Experience writing RFQ’s for components and testing / analyzing component samples.
- Ability to act as a technical resource internally and externally, with a strong comprehension of the
Competent in operating: spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, modulation domain analyzer, oscilloscope, noise
figure meter, DMM, LCR Meter, and soldering down to 0402 level components.
- A great team player / leader who has the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally to
- Direct experience designing for
GFSK, QPSK, and QAM systems.
- Master in system-level design work as well as RF design.
Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
BSEE required, and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- MSEE preferred, and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience
Please send your resume to Human Resources at
email@example.com with the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Please visit our
Careers page for other opportunities with FreeWave Technologies.