Analog/Baseband Design Engineer Needed
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities
are posted on behalf of companies who are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company and would like to be represented on RF Cafe, please contact me AFTER
NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
During this era of economic hardship, I am providing
my service free of charge to benefit both individuals and companies, but donations would be
Analog/Baseband Design Engineer,
Job Title: Level IV Analog/Baseband Design Engineer
FreeWave is a market leader providing wireless data communications equipment to industrial and military customers worldwide for more than 17 years. We are niche suppliers for Oil & Gas, Power, Water, and telemetry for other emerging areas including voice and video communications. We are committed to providing best-in-class radio products and unmatched customer service and support. We seek staff who are willing to help us grow and to achieve our commitments with excellence.
The ideal Analog / Baseband Engineer candidate is one who is able to fit in as a member of a progressive team in a relaxed working environment. The company recognizes its employees’ contributions in terms of bonuses and incentives. The candidate will be able to contribute unique skills to the team, be able to solve problems either as a member of a team or on their own, and take the lead in achieving group results. The ideal candidate will find innovative ways to contribute to the organization, as well as being empowered and personally organized to achieve their objectives within the workplace.
FreeWave Technologies, Inc. engineers and manufactures certain products that are considered ITAR-controlled items under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Consistent with ITAR, any position at FreeWave that involves work with the engineering or manufacturing functions of the Company may only be filled by a candidate who is (i) a citizen of the United States, or (ii) a person who has been accorded the privilege of residing permanently in the United States as an immigrant in accordance with the immigration laws.
Quality – To be successful in this position, the candidate must have a commitment to quality in everything they do. This means continuous improvement of activities and processes. In order to do so, the candidate must show an ability to drive to root cause and resolve issues related to that cause.
We are looking for a Senior Level Analog/Baseband Design Engineer with 10+ years of experience in analog and digital hardware design. The ideal candidate will have experience developing electronic products from concept through production ready on multiple products using a mix of discrete level and integrated circuits. The ideal candidate will also have a strong understanding of designing for reliability and precision and knowledge of the tradeoffs at both the design and system level to achieve a product that meets specifications. He/She will have proven design experience in: radio baseband, power condition, Analog & Digital IO circuits, and have a deep understanding of the tradeoffs within each subsystem with respect to overall system performance, power efficiency, cost, and schedule. Next, the ideal candidate must have experience designing with manufacturability in mind, and have experience ramping products in production at the end of the R&D cycle.
We are looking for a high-performance design leader who values information sharing between peers.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated history of designing multiple products from concept through production ready.
- Analog System Level Experience: system design, reliability analysis (MTBF), power budget analysis, and designing calibration techniques.
- Analog & Digital I/O technology which includes the design of: relay circuits, discrete transistor-level solutions, pulse counters.
- Experience designing baseband circuits for communication systems: ADC, DAC, baseband IC, analog and digital filtering, RF interface circuits, switching power supplies, and EMI mitigation.
- Extensive experience in simulating circuits with Spice, with the ability to simulate yield analysis.
- Digital Design: Experience working with Firmware Engineers to develop high-speed digital circuits. Must have proven experience with properly terminating, routing and isolating high-speed digital transmission lines.
- Experience performing and documenting reliability and stress analysis on new circuit designs.
- Experience writing RFQ’s for components and testing / analyzing component samples.
- Ability to act as a technical resource internally and externally, with a strong comprehension of the importance.
- Competent in operating: oscilloscope, FET probes, DMM, LCR Meter, and soldering down to 0402 level components.
- Experience in troubleshooting issues with legacy products and prescribing solutions.
- Experience with schematic and layout tools.
- Experience designing Class 1 Div 2 UL rated products. (Experience for Class 1 Div 1 highly desirable.)
- A great team player / leader who has the ability to build strong relationships internal and external to the company.
FreeWave Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
- BSEE, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MSEE, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
Please send your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com with the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Please visit our Careers page for other opportunities with FreeWave Technologies.