Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities
are posted on behalf of companies who are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for
hiring in your company and would like to be represented on RF Cafe, please contact me AFTER
NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
During this era of economic hardship, I am providing
my service free of charge to benefit both individuals and companies, but donations would be
Technical Director of RF Engineering
Aethercomm designs and manufactures high power RF and microwave amplifiers for use in CW and pulsed applications. Aethercomm covers the frequency range from DC to 40 GHz. Aethercomm products are used in radar systems, electronic warfare systems, communication systems and test and measurement applications. Aethercomm also designs and manufactures transmitters, transceivers and RF/microwave subsystems and systems. Aethercomm’s design and manufacturing facilities are located in Carlsbad, CA in San Diego County.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Must demonstrate exceptional design and problem solving skills, including but not limited to: tuning and troubleshooting RF including power amplifiers, analog, power management, digital circuits and laboratory bench skills.
• Provide engineering support and guidance to engineering departments, as a System Architect and Consultant for all engineering projects.
• Ensure that all projects are completed accurately and on time by continuous technical supervision of the assigned Responsible Engineer (RE). This includes review of specifications, compliance matrices, schematics (EDR), design documents, custom components (SCDs), thermal considerations and any others.
• Assist the Director of Engineering in the development of design engineering metrics and measurement methods to ensure continuous improvement is achieved thru-out the engineering department.
• Maintain and update the Engineering Design Handbook and all applicable design guides with lesson learned.
• Must continuously demonstrate the ability to work independently and within a team environment to achieve design goals.
• Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, in both highly technical and non-technical matters.
• Knowledge of cascaded and system level specifications including but not limited to: NF, OIP3, NPD, P1dB, Psat, high PAR signals and any modulation waveforms (AM, FM, QAM, OFDM, WiMAX, CDMA, QPSK, etc).
• Prepare electronic designs as required to meet commitments of the company.
• Ensure that there is written documentation of any potential financial or technical issues that may arise and ensure effective communication among all parties involved in a project.
• Respond to customer inquiries in a courteous manner; provide information within scope of knowledge or refer to an employee of higher classification.
• Assist with paraprofessional activities including design preparation (PDR, EDR, CDR, MRR, etc) and review all for correctness before submission to customers external or internal.
• A bachelor's degree (B.S.) in electrical engineering with RF coursework and a minimum of five years relevant work experience, a master’s degree (M.S.) in electrical engineering with RF coursework and a minimum of three years of relevant work experience, or a Ph.D. in electrical engineering or physics.
• Proficient with AWR Microwave Office, Ansoft HFSS, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and knowledge of EPICOR MRP system a PLUS.
Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a US Security Clearance.
We offer excellent compensation, full relocation package, full benefits and a high visibility environment for fast track promotions and rewards.
Aethercomm offers a dynamic environment to create new products that are used to save lives.
In order to apply for this position, please visit our website http://www.aethercomm.com.
Aethercomm is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. EEO/AA employer - Female, minority, Vietnam-era Veteran and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.