Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted
on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company and would like
to be represented on RF Cafe, please contact me AFTER reading the Terms
of Use. NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I am providing my service
free of charge to benefit both individuals and companies, but donations would be appreciated. See most recent
list of job openings here.
RF Substrate/Laminate Technologist
Purchasing | Hillsboro, OR, United States
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Road Map alignment that maps TriQuint needs to supplier capabilities
- Investigate Cost-out opportunities through continual improvement activities or through disruptive technologies.
- Candidates will actively partner with Program Management, Assembly Engineering and design engineering teams to support new product introduction.
- Candidates will be responsible for seeking out advanced substrate technologies for RF SiP/ FCCSP based RF applications.
- Candidates will help support selection & qualification of substrate materials and options
- Drive new substrate technologies to meet package electrical, thermal and mechanical performance targets
- Responsible for guiding the selection, development, and management of Strategic Suppliers to meet commodity cost and performance goals.
- Participate as a technical expert in a collaborative cross-functional team to analyze spends, develop and implement supplier selection strategies.
- Understand, develop and own the technical laminate industry landscape as it pertains to the RF industry and provide periodic updates to senior management
- Work with Design teams at various TriQuint locations to establish development lead times, quality and project timelines with suppliers.
- Set expectations with all stakeholders in the organization on Suppliers capability and capacity.
Work with NPD team to coordinate sourcing strategies and ensure an effective and timely manufacturing ramp on new programs.
- Lead efforts to ensure ramp readiness working in conjunction with the supplier quality engineer.
Partner with design engineering, layout team to ensure robust substrate design rules are in place that promotes design for manufacturability.
- Participate in laminate design reviews and project kick-off meetings.
- Candidates must have a solid technical understanding of FCCSP, SIP substrates used in RF modules, package-substrate interactions, failure modes and design/cost tradeoffs.
- Candidates should posses an understanding of qualification requirements, reliability assessment and failure analysis.
- A strong background in statistical methodologies, process control methodology, FMEA's is a must
Excellent analytic, problem solving, team building, project management, strategic planning, and change management skills
- Familiar with FCCSP /Wirebond/SIP substrate design rules.
- MS equivalent in Mechanical, Materials, or Electrical Engineering.
- PhD level candidates are preferred.
- 10 years of experience in substrates used in electronics packaging and in related environments
- 5 + years of experience working with RF substrates SIP substrate designs.
- Candidates with laminate fabrication backgrounds and working experience in laminate manufacturing process are desired.
- Experience with interfacing with suppliers globally with the goal of partnering with the supply base in developing & improving roadmap substrate technologies is a must.
We’re on the Verge of Something Big. And You Can Be a Part of It!
Join TriQuint in the quest to transform how the world communicates. Our RF technology is vital to taking mobile devices and networks infrastructure content to exciting new levels. We believe that innovation and great ideas come from all areas of the company. So, whether you work in manufacturing, administration or engineering, your role at TriQuint has a significant impact on this communications revolution. Our company is global, diverse and passionate about making a difference. We’ve earned recognition as one of the “Top Ten Most Admired Technology Companies in Oregon,” and Forbes.com’s “Most Trustworthy Companies.” Take a look around to see what we have to offer. Apply today. We’re eager to make you a part of it
General TriQuint career page: http://www.triquint.com/employment/