Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are
posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company, please
NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS - See most recent list of job openings here.
RF Substrate/Laminate Technologist
Purchasing | Hillsboro,
OR, United StatesPosition Summary:
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Road Map alignment that maps TriQuint needs to supplier capabilities
- Investigate Cost-out opportunities through continual improvement activities
or through disruptive technologies.
- Candidates will actively partner with Program Management, Assembly Engineering
and design engineering teams to support new product introduction.
- Candidates will be responsible for seeking out advanced substrate technologies
for RF SiP/ FCCSP based RF applications.
- Candidates will help support selection & qualification of substrate
materials and options
- Drive new substrate technologies to meet package electrical, thermal
and mechanical performance targets
- Responsible for guiding the selection, development, and management of
Strategic Suppliers to meet commodity cost and performance goals.
- Participate as a technical expert in a collaborative cross-functional
team to analyze spends, develop and implement supplier selection strategies.
- Understand, develop and own the technical laminate industry landscape
as it pertains to the RF industry and provide periodic updates to senior
- Work with Design teams at various TriQuint locations to establish development
lead times, quality and project timelines with suppliers.
- Set expectations with all stakeholders in the organization on Suppliers
capability and capacity.
Work with NPD team to coordinate sourcing strategies
and ensure an effective and timely manufacturing ramp on new programs.
- Lead efforts to ensure ramp readiness working in conjunction with the
supplier quality engineer.
Partner with design engineering, layout team
to ensure robust substrate design rules are in place that promotes design
- Participate in laminate design reviews and project kick-off meetings.
- Candidates must have a solid technical understanding of FCCSP, SIP substrates
used in RF modules, package-substrate interactions, failure modes and design/cost
- Candidates should posses an understanding of qualification requirements,
reliability assessment and failure analysis.
- A strong background in statistical methodologies, process control methodology,
FMEA's is a must
Excellent analytic, problem solving, team building,
project management, strategic planning, and change management skills
- Familiar with FCCSP /Wirebond/SIP substrate design rules.
- MS equivalent in Mechanical, Materials, or Electrical Engineering.
- PhD level candidates are preferred.
- 10 years of experience in substrates used in electronics packaging and
in related environments
- 5 + years of experience working with RF substrates SIP substrate designs.
- Candidates with laminate fabrication backgrounds and working experience
in laminate manufacturing process are desired.
- Experience with interfacing with suppliers globally with the goal of
partnering with the supply base in developing & improving roadmap substrate
technologies is a must.
We’re on the Verge of Something Big. And You Can Be a Part of It!
Join TriQuint in the quest to transform how the world communicates. Our
RF technology is vital to taking mobile devices and networks infrastructure
content to exciting new levels. We believe that innovation and great ideas
come from all areas of the company. So, whether you work in manufacturing,
administration or engineering, your role at TriQuint has a significant impact
on this communications revolution. Our company is global, diverse and passionate
about making a difference. We’ve earned recognition as one of the “Top Ten
Most Admired Technology Companies in Oregon,” and Forbes.com’s “Most Trustworthy
Companies.” Take a look around to see what we have to offer. Apply today.
We’re eager to make you a part of it
General TriQuint career page: