|More than 8,000 searchable pages indexed.|
Your RF Cafe
Airplanes and Rockets:
Senior or Staff Design Engineer (Greensboro, NC)
RF Micro Devices, Inc. (RFMD®) is a global leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance semiconductor components. RFMD's products enable worldwide mobility, provide enhanced connectivity and support advanced functionality in the cellular handset, wireless infrastructure, wireless local area network (WLAN), CATV/broadband and aerospace and defense markets. RFMD is recognized for its diverse portfolio of semiconductor technologies and RF systems expertise and is a preferred supplier to the world's leading mobile device, customer premises and communications equipment providers. Headquartered in Greensboro, N.C., RFMD is an ISO 9001- and ISO 14001-certified manufacturer with worldwide engineering, design, sales and service facilities. RFMD is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol RFMD.
In RFMD’s Technology Platforms Organization we are currently looking for experienced Design engineers to explore next generation front end components for future wireless mobile devices.
In this role as Staff Design Engineer you will be responsible for:
• Design of RFIC’s in technologies such as Si (CMOS, SiGe) and GaAs (pHEMT, HBT) and evaluating designs to meet specifications.
• Participates in product specification negotiations to help end customers meet their needs.
• Delivers design release notes, documentation for prototype builds, and design related documents
• Identify key RF Front End components requirements based on a thorough understanding of module, handset and system requirements.
• Collaborate within design team on design and system requirements driving specifications and performance.
• Strong communication skills and ability to ability to work in team environment
MSEE/PhD in EE preferred or at least 7 years of industry experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Power Amplifier/ RF Switches and RF front end module designs for cellular mobile applications
• Proficient with such tools as Cadence, ADS and E&M simulation tools such as Momentum and HFSS
• Experience with on-chip, package and printed circuit board (PCB) parasitic and design issues
• Knowledge of common low frequency circuits such as regulators and bias circuits
• Customer interface experience and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with design, characterization, and modeling of custom devices and passive elements
• Familiar with wireless testing utilized today in 2G/3G, 4G and WLAN
• Hands-on experience with board level tuning and optimization of matching networks.
• High level of experience and understanding of power amplifier, circuit linearization and high-efficiency design techniques.
• Analog IC design - bandgap voltage references, low-drop out voltage regulators, operational amplifiers etc.
• High Level of experience and understanding of RF Switches optimized for insertion loss and linearity
• Microwave measurement techniques (S-parameters, loadpull setups, VNA calibration techniques, spectrum analyzers, power meters, etc).
• Understanding and development of advanced RF/microwave measurement techniques
• Working knowledge with Agilent's Advanced Design System (ADS), Ansoft's High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS) and planar electromagnetic solvers (Agilent's Momentum)
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and information about yourself!