Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted
on behalf of companies who are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company and would
like to be represented on RF Cafe, please contact me AFTER
. NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
During this era of economic hardship, I am providing my service free of charge to benefit both individuals and companies,
but donations would be appreciated.
Wavestream designs and manufactures next generation solid state power amplifiers for mission-critical satellite communications systems.
Director of Manufacturing
This position is located in San Dimas, CA, 91773.
Job Description / Responsibilities:
In this position you will be responsible for producing and testing highly reliable RF products for use in commercial and military applications. You will be directing, planning and coordinating all aspects of manufacturing across multiple product lines. The work environment is very dynamic and fast paced.
The manufacturing activities and oversight include but are not limited to the following; manage a large work force made up of various disciplines and backgrounds, supply chain operations both domestic and overseas, process development and engineering support, production operations, unit assembly and test, microelectronics and test, clean room operations, test automation, transitions of new products into production, interfacing with quality assurance, ensure compliance with established company policies and safety standards, on-time delivery of products.
Specific area of focus includes; maintaining the highest levels of quality at all times, reduce cycle times, reduction of overall costs, support warranty/failure analysis efforts, promote continuous improvement and lean manufacturing, maintain strong employee involvement and morale.
Requirements / Skills:
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, effectively manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
• Maintains composure under pressure and is able to work with complex tasks under tight deadlines with minimal direction
• Uses sound judgment and creativity in making decisions of a routine and complex nature
• Superb problem-solving skills resulting in the ability to resolve problems in a timely manner and skillfully gathers and analyzes information
• Knowledge of mechanical devises and manufacturing of RF products and microelectronics
• Monitors own work and the work of the team with accuracy and thoroughness to ensure high standards of quality
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and has a high level of moral and ethical standards
• Interfaces well with all individuals at all levels and represents the executive team in a highly professional manner
• Able to work extended hours and on special projects if necessary; and travel for work as required
• Provides technical guidance and direction in the area of manufacturing engineering to assure operations and development projects and initiatives are achieved
• Provides leadership, guidance, and oversight for the successful introduction of new products and processes into production through concurrent engineering practices, new technologies, and methods
• Reviews employee performance to assure that deserving employees are recognized and that under performing employees are given the direction required to improve their performance.
• Manages and maintains all manufacturing, assembly, and test facilities and equipment
• BS degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred
• 10 - 15 years of relevant experience with progressively increasing responsibilities including experience in directing and managing others
• Experience with lean manufacturing, ISO standards and Six Sigma principles
• Experience with identifying resources and managing overseas contract manufacturing
• Experience and knowledge of microelectronic components and clean room operations
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org