(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop
Airplanes and Rockets:
My personal hobby website
My daughter Sally's horse riding website
Symmetricom (NASDAQ: SYMM), a world leader in precise time solutions, sets the world's standard for time. The
company generates, distributes and applies precise time for the communications, aerospace/defense, IT
infrastructure and metrology industries. Symmetricom's customers, from communications service providers and
network equipment manufacturers to governments and their suppliers worldwide, are able to build more reliable
networks and systems by using the company's advanced timing technologies, atomic clocks, services and solutions.
All products support today's precise timing standards, including GPS-based timing, IEEE 1588 (PTP), Network Time
Protocol (NTP), Synchronous Ethernet and DOCSIS® timing.
Symmetricom's Beverly, MA-based Government Business Unit is seeking an RF Design Project Engineer (Senior Hardware Engineer) capable of project management, designing and supporting production for a variety of precision frequency source applications in the space, military and avionics industries. In particular, the individual will be the responsible Project Engineer for various precision crystal oscillator projects. The detailed responsibilities include circuit design and related technical analyses, production and sales support, test development and direct customer technical interface. Sound oscillator and digital design skills and knowledge and understanding of shock, vibration, temperature and radiation are critical.
Relocation assistance from other US cities is available for this position.
Essential Qualifications include:
• BSEE (or Physics or Electronics Engineering) with 10-15 years of experience with some background and solid proficiencies in oscillator /RF and analog circuit design or MSEE with 5+ years exp.
• Experience in computer applications including circuit simulation, PCB layout, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Power Point.
• Electrical design skills with oscillators, PLLs, data converters, analog/digital control loop circuits and PFGAs
• Demonstrated leadership and project engineering/management experience.
• Excellent verbal communication, writing and organizational skills
• Willingness to travel 4-6 times per year
• US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Desired Qualifications include:
• Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Experience in commercial manufacturing environment
• Background in a space, military or avionics environment
• Background in Physics
• Exposure to crystal oscillators a plus
Symmetricom values candidates who are team oriented and have the ability to combine strong interpersonal skills with effective leadership and well-structured processes.
Please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or apply directly for this RF Design Project Engineer opportunity, job code: BV 11038-GBU on our website: http://www.symmetricom.com/company/careers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Would LOVE to know that you saw the job here on the RF Cafe.