Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and
sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS - See most recent list of job openings here.
RF Design Project Engineer
(Senior Hardware Engineer)
Symmetricom (NASDAQ: SYMM), a world leader in precise time solutions, sets the world's standard for time. The
company generates, distributes and applies precise time for the communications, aerospace/defense, IT
infrastructure and metrology industries. Symmetricom's customers, from communications service providers and
network equipment manufacturers to governments and their suppliers worldwide, are able to build more reliable
networks and systems by using the company's advanced timing technologies, atomic clocks, services and solutions.
All products support today's precise timing standards, including GPS-based timing, IEEE 1588 (PTP), Network Time
Protocol (NTP), Synchronous Ethernet and DOCSIS® timing.
Symmetricom's Beverly, MA-based Government
Business Unit is seeking an RF Design Project Engineer (Senior Hardware Engineer) capable of project management,
designing and supporting production for a variety of precision frequency source applications in the space,
military and avionics industries. In particular, the individual will be the responsible Project Engineer for
various precision crystal oscillator projects. The detailed responsibilities include circuit design and related
technical analyses, production and sales support, test development and direct customer technical interface. Sound
oscillator and digital design skills and knowledge and understanding of shock, vibration, temperature and
radiation are critical.
Relocation assistance from other US cities is available for this position.
Essential Qualifications include:
• BSEE (or Physics or Electronics Engineering) with 10-15 years of experience
with some background and solid proficiencies in oscillator /RF and analog circuit design or MSEE with 5+ years
• Experience in computer applications including circuit simulation, PCB layout, Microsoft Word, Excel,
Project and Power Point.
• Electrical design skills with oscillators, PLLs, data converters, analog/digital
control loop circuits and PFGAs
• Demonstrated leadership and project engineering/management experience.
• Excellent verbal communication, writing and organizational skills
• Willingness to travel 4-6 times per year
• US Citizen or Permanent Resident
• Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Experience in commercial manufacturing environment
• Background in a space, military or avionics environment
• Background in Physics
• Exposure to crystal
oscillators a plus
Symmetricom values candidates who are team oriented and have the ability to combine strong
interpersonal skills with effective leadership and well-structured processes.
Please contact me at:
and/or apply directly for this RF Design Project Engineer opportunity, job code: BV 11038-GBU on our website:
Would LOVE to know that you saw the job here on the RF Cafe.