|More than 12,000 searchable pages indexed.|
Your RF Cafe
Airplanes and Rockets:
Location: San Diego
http://nokia.taleo.net/careersection/10 ... job=903447" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Connecting People" is at the heart of the Nokia brand. Nokia is the world's number one mobile solutions company, connecting more than 1.3 billion people every day. Mobile maps, apps, music, media, messaging and more are explored and presented here in a comprehensive mobile solutions world.
Nokia's people ambition is very clear: an advanced integrated company built upon trust and accountability, great leadership and common values. We understand people's desire to join a dynamic and innovative team, where your ideas are valued and your creativity is nurtured. Our future is your creation.
Primary Job Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Responsible for RF project planning, requirement, error and risk management, leading the RF hardware design and testing verification in close co-operation with our co-development partners, as well as technical reviews and approval of all RF related tasks.
• Manages product program RF project and deliverables according to project plan, processes, requirements, specifications, and objectives.
• Sr. RF Project Engineer provides the technical guidance and direction necessary to co-development partner's RF team through authoritative decision making, integration and testing reviews as well as timely performance feedback to ensure that the co-development partner successfully delivers an acceptable RF design.
• Provide longer-term technical direction by coaching and mentoring the co-development partner's RF team.
• Responsible for a total understanding of the RF system, from component selection, concept design, design implementation, product verification, mass production quality control and customer acceptance.
• Provide guidance to co-development partner's RF team regarding issues and troubleshooting of RF designs that are encountered during a product development cycle and communicates root cause to other projects and RF team members.
Scope of the work:
• Individual contributor, variety of complex tasks within area of responsibility, demonstrates initiative & contributes to problem solving and supervises supplier team on R&D processes and quality control.
• If necessary, able to take complete ownership, resolve issues and implement solutions when supplier is unable.
• Acts with independence and discretion in routine matters. Plan and follow up product development schedule and deliveries.
• Makes decisions that affect own work and related teams.
• A Bachelor's degree in science or technology is required
• Excellent English communication skills
• Innovative thinking, high motivation and energy.
• 8+ years of mobile handset RF experience is expected.
• Competent in project management.
• Experience with RF integration with Antenna, Audio, Baseband and Mechanics requirements
• Must be able to guide and coach others, including the co-development partner's RF team.
• Good team player with effective verbal and written communication skills.
"Connecting people" is the heart of our brand. This is why Nokia is respected and recognized worldwide. Our people shape and create future technologies. This is something we are proud of, and so will you. We offer a dynamic learning culture that nurtures openness, transparency, with endless opportunities for competence development. We reward the results of your success. We cultivate a flexible culture that embraces the uniqueness of everyone's life. Our resources support the mobile way of working and make it possible to arrange your day in the way it suits your career and personal demands.
Join our online communities now in Facebook FutureTalent@Nokia and LinkedIn NokiaGlobalCareers to meet our people and learn about the latest opportunities and news.
Nokia offers market-competitive rewards as well as benefits such as medical, dental and paid time off. We offer an industry-leading 401k plan, an employee stock purchase plan and many other employee programs. Nokia understands the importance of juggling professional and personal interests, and offers support for meaningful achievement in work, family, friends and self. Employees are encouraged to continuously develop their skills and competencies in order to stay at the forefront of technology. Employees also have opportunities to live out and enjoy Nokia technology on a daily basis.