Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and
sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS - See most recent list of job openings here.
Position: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Location: San Diego
http://nokia.taleo.net/careersection/10 ... job=903508" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Connecting People" is at the heart of the Nokia brand. Nokia is the world's number one mobile solutions company,
connecting more than 1.3 billion people every day. Mobile maps, apps, music, media, messaging and more are
explored and presented here in a comprehensive mobile solutions world.
Nokia's people ambition is very
clear: an advanced integrated company built upon trust and accountability, great leadership and common values. We
understand people's desire to join a dynamic and innovative team, where your ideas are valued and your creativity
is nurtured. Our future is your creation.
As a Sr. Mechanical Project Leader, you will be part of a
cross-functional design team responsible for conceiving, designing and producing exciting new products.
will be a part of a team of product design engineers to bring products to market with both internal and external
development teams. You will need to work closely with many different groups, including Industrial Design, Hardware
Engineering, Operations, Design Validation, Thermal, EMC, and Software.
Primary Job Responsibilities &
• Responsible for Mechanical project planning, requirements definition, error and risk management, leading the
Mechanical hardware design and testing verification in close co-operation with our co-development partners. You
will lead technical reviews and approval for all mechanical related tasks.
• Manage product program Mechanical project and deliverables according to project plan, processes, requirements,
specifications and objectives.
• Sr. Mechanical Project Engineer provides the technical guidance and direction necessary to co-development
partner's team through authoritative decision making, integration and testing reviews as well as timely
performance feedback to ensure that the co-development partner successfully delivers an acceptable Mechanical
• Provides longer term technical direction by coaching and mentoring the co-development partner's
• Responsible for a total understanding of the Mechanical design architecture, from
component/material selection, concept design, design implementation, product verification, mass production quality
control and customer acceptance.
• Provide guidance to co-development partner's Mechanical team regarding
issues and troubleshooting of Mechanical designs that are encountered during a product development cycle and
communicates root cause to other projects and other team members.
Scope of work:
• Individual contributor, variety of complex tasks within area of responsibility,
demonstrates initiative and contributes to problem solving and supervises supplier team on R&D process and quality
• If necessary, able to take complete ownership and solve issues and implement solution when
co-development partner is unable.
• Acts with independence and discretion in routine matters. Plan and
follow-up product development schedule and deliveries.
• Makes decisions that affect own work and related
• A Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering is required. Masters preferred.
• 8+ years of mobile handset design experience is expected
• Competent in project management
• Must be able to guide and coach others, including the co-development partners Mechanical design team
Good team player with effective verbal and written communication skills
• Innovative thinking, high motivation
• Excellent English communication skills
• Proficiency with proto, low (quick tooling), medium
(soft tooling) and high volume tooling methods
• 8 or more years experience in product design for medium and
high volume portable consumer products
• Experience developing parts and assemblies in 3D CAD
with the mechanical integration of RF, Antenna, Audio and Baseband requirements
• Direct management of
multi-national product development engineering teams
• Root cause analysis, DFMEA, design for six sigma and
test methods proficiency
• Finite Element Analysis proficiency
• Tolerance analysis proficiency
• Excellent materials and manufacturing process knowledge
"Connecting people" is the heart of our brand. This is why Nokia is respected and recognized worldwide. Our people
shape and create future technologies. This is something we are proud of, and so will you. We offer a dynamic
learning culture that nurtures openness, transparency, with endless opportunities for competence development. We
reward the results of your success. We cultivate a flexible culture that embraces the uniqueness of everyone's
life. Our resources support the mobile way of working and make it possible to arrange your day in the way it suits
your career and personal demands.