More than 10,000 searchable pages indexed.
•−• ••−• −•−• •− ••−• •
RF Cafe Morse Code >Hear It<
Location: San Diego
http://nokia.taleo.net/careersection/10 ... job=875028
"Connecting People" is at the heart of the Nokia brand. Nokia is the world's number one mobile solutions company, connecting more than 1.3 billion people every day. Mobile maps, apps, music, media, messaging and more are explored and presented here in a comprehensive mobile solutions world.
Nokia's people ambition is very clear: an advanced integrated company built upon trust and accountability, great leadership and common values. We understand people's desire to join a dynamic and innovative team, where your ideas are valued and your creativity is nurtured. Our future is your creation.
As a Sr. Engineer, you are responsible to manage display & touch technology evaluation, selection and integration activities. You have open minded and pioneering attitude to participate in critical and technically challenging tasks, and possess a proactive self-dependent working style in dealing with different interfaces, plus, have the ability to work under tight deadlines, and more importantly, the passion to deliver beautiful products and concepts.
Main Responsibility Areas:
• New technology sourcing & development, product concepting & the actual productization.
• Responsible for component development and the product creation process from the first idea to mass production.
• Specify, develop, design, integrate and verify display & touch solutions, for both electrical & optical specification.
• Evaluate and optimize the display & touch solutions to be reliable, cost competitive, mass production capable & achievable performance.
• Collaborate with internal HW, SW, Mechanical, and ID designers, & co-operation with external vendors for planning and specifying product in technical level, including component selection.
• Offering expert advice in design details to peers.
• Connecting with your peers within different project stakeholders.
• Production support at factory.
• Wide knowledge and experience in UIHW and BB design for mobile device development (display, touch, cameras, sensors and HW and baseband components overall).
• 10+ years or equivalent experience in HW design in mobile device industry.
• Good hands-on experience with BB measurement equipment and other tools used for BB design.
• Capable knowledge with optical performance measurement & control.
• Capable knowledge with displays & touch, cameras, sensors and other UIHW building blocks, UI/SW understanding is expected.
• Team players with good cross-functional competencies.
• Good knowledge of mobile device product development process.
• Strong networking skills.
• M.Sc.or B.Sc. in Electronic Engineering, telecommunication or other relevant field.
"Connecting people" is the heart of our brand. This is why Nokia is respected and recognized worldwide. Our people shape and create future technologies. This is something we are proud of, and so will you. We offer a dynamic learning culture that nurtures openness, transparency, with endless opportunities for competence development. We reward the results of your success. We cultivate a flexible culture that embraces the uniqueness of everyone's life. Our resources support the mobile way of working and make it possible to arrange your day in the way it suits your career and personal demands.
Join our online communities now in Facebook FutureTalent@Nokia and LinkedIn NokiaGlobalCareers to meet our people and learn about the latest opportunities and news.
Nokia offers market-competitive rewards as well as benefits such as medical, dental and paid time off. We offer an industry-leading 401k plan, an employee stock purchase plan and many other employee programs. Nokia understands the importance of juggling professional and personal interests, and offers support for meaningful achievement in work, family, friends and self. Employees are encouraged to continuously develop their skills and competencies in order to stay at the forefront of technology. Employees also have opportunities to live out and enjoy Nokia technology on a daily basis.