Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and
sales job opportunities are posted on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company,
- NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS - See most recent list of job openings here.
Sr. Engineer, Display and Touch
Location: San Diego
http://nokia.taleo.net/careersection/10 ... job=875028
"Connecting People" is at the heart of the
Nokia brand. Nokia is the world's number one mobile solutions company, connecting more than 1.3 billion people
every day. Mobile maps, apps, music, media, messaging and more are explored and presented here in a comprehensive
mobile solutions world.
Nokia's people ambition is very clear: an advanced integrated company built upon
trust and accountability, great leadership and common values. We understand people's desire to join a dynamic and
innovative team, where your ideas are valued and your creativity is nurtured. Our future is your creation.
As a Sr. Engineer, you are responsible to manage display & touch technology evaluation, selection and integration
activities. You have open minded and pioneering attitude to participate in critical and technically challenging
tasks, and possess a proactive self-dependent working style in dealing with different interfaces, plus, have the
ability to work under tight deadlines, and more importantly, the passion to deliver beautiful products and
Main Responsibility Areas:
• New technology sourcing & development, product concepting & the actual
• Responsible for component development and the product creation process from the first idea
to mass production.
• Specify, develop, design, integrate and verify display & touch solutions, for both
electrical & optical specification.
• Evaluate and optimize the display & touch solutions to be reliable, cost
competitive, mass production capable & achievable performance.
• Collaborate with internal HW, SW, Mechanical,
and ID designers, & co-operation with external vendors for planning and specifying product in technical level,
including component selection.
• Offering expert advice in design details to peers.
• Connecting with your peers within different project stakeholders.
• Production support at factory.
• Wide knowledge and experience in UIHW and BB design
for mobile device development (display, touch, cameras, sensors and HW and baseband components overall).
years or equivalent experience in HW design in mobile device industry.
• Good hands-on experience with BB measurement equipment and other tools used for BB design.
knowledge with optical performance measurement & control.
• Capable knowledge with displays & touch, cameras,
sensors and other UIHW building blocks, UI/SW understanding is expected.
• Team players with good
• Good knowledge of mobile device product development process.
• M.Sc.or B.Sc. in Electronic Engineering, telecommunication or other relevant field.
"Connecting people" is the heart of our brand. This is why Nokia is respected and recognized worldwide. Our people
shape and create future technologies. This is something we are proud of, and so will you. We offer a dynamic
learning culture that nurtures openness, transparency, with endless opportunities for competence development. We
reward the results of your success. We cultivate a flexible culture that embraces the uniqueness of everyone's
life. Our resources support the mobile way of working and make it possible to arrange your day in the way it suits
your career and personal demands.
Join our online communities now in Facebook FutureTalent@Nokia and
LinkedIn NokiaGlobalCareers to meet our people and learn about the latest opportunities and news.
offers market-competitive rewards as well as benefits such as medical, dental and paid time off. We offer an
industry-leading 401k plan, an employee stock purchase plan and many other employee programs. Nokia understands
the importance of juggling professional and personal interests, and offers support for meaningful achievement in
work, family, friends and self. Employees are encouraged to continuously develop their skills and competencies in
order to stay at the forefront of technology. Employees also have opportunities to live out and enjoy Nokia
technology on a daily basis.