Senior Mechanical Project Lead
Welcome to the RF Cafe Jobs website, where a mix of engineer, technician, manager, and sales job opportunities are posted
on behalf of companies that are actually doing the hiring. If you are responsible for hiring in your company and would like
to be represented on RF Cafe, please contact me AFTER reading the Terms
of Use. NO RECRUITERS. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I am providing my service
free of charge to benefit both individuals and companies, but donations would be appreciated. See most recent
list of job openings here.
Senior Mechanical Project Lead
Location: San Diego
http://nokia.taleo.net/careersection/10 ... job=841807
"Connecting People" is at the heart of the
Nokia brand. Nokia is the world's number one mobile solutions company, connecting more than 1.3 billion people
every day. Mobile maps, apps, music, media, messaging and more are explored and presented here in a comprehensive
mobile solutions world.
Nokia's people ambition is very clear: an advanced integrated company built upon
trust and accountability, great leadership and common values. We understand people's desire to join a dynamic and
innovative team, where your ideas are valued and your creativity is nurtured. Our future is your creation.
As a Sr. Mechanical Project Leader, you will be part of a cross-functional design team responsible for conceiving,
designing and producing exciting new products.
You will be a part of a team of product design engineers to bring products to market with both internal and
external development teams. You will need to work closely with many different groups, including Industrial Design,
Hardware Engineering, Operations, Design Validation, Thermal, EMC, and Software.
Primary Job Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Responsible for Mechanical project planning, requirements
definition, error and risk management, leading the Mechanical hardware design and testing verification in close
co-operation with our co-development partners. You will lead technical reviews and approval for all mechanical
• Manage product program Mechanical project and deliverables according to project plan,
processes, requirements, specifications and objectives.
• Sr. Mechanical Project Engineer provides the
technical guidance and direction necessary to co-development partner's team through authoritative decision making,
integration and testing reviews as well as timely performance feedback to ensure that the co-development partner
successfully delivers an acceptable Mechanical design.
• Provides longer term technical direction by coaching
and mentoring the co-development partner's Mechanical team.
• Responsible for a total understanding of the
Mechanical design architecture, from component/material selection, concept design, design implementation, product
verification, mass production quality control and customer acceptance.
• Provide guidance to co-development
partner's Mechanical team regarding issues and troubleshooting of Mechanical designs that are encountered during a
product development cycle and communicates root cause to other projects and other team members.
• Individual contributor, variety of complex tasks within area of responsibility, demonstrates
initiative and contributes to problem solving and supervises supplier team on R&D process and quality control.
• If necessary, able to take complete ownership and solve issues and implement solution when co-development
partner is unable.
• Acts with independence and discretion in routine matters. Plan and follow-up product development schedules
• Makes decisions that affect own work and related teams.
Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering is required. Masters preferred.
• 8+ years of mobile handset
design experience is expected
• Competent in project management
• Must be able to guide and coach others, including the co-development partners Mechanical design team
Good team player with effective verbal and written communication skills
• Innovative thinking, high motivation
• Excellent English communication skills
• Proficiency with proto, low (quick tooling), medium
(soft tooling) and high volume tooling methods
• 8 or more year’s experience in product design for medium and
high volume portable consumer products
• Experience developing parts and assemblies in 3D CAD
with the mechanical integration of RF, Antenna, Audio and Baseband requirements
• Direct management of
multi-national product development engineering teams
• Root cause analysis, DFMEA, design for six sigma and
test methods proficiency
• Finite Element Analysis proficiency
• Tolerance analysis proficiency
• Excellent materials and manufacturing process knowledge
"Connecting people" is the heart of our brand. This is why Nokia is respected and recognized worldwide. Our people
shape and create future technologies. This is something we are proud of, and so will you. We offer a dynamic
learning culture that nurtures openness, transparency, with endless opportunities for competence development. We
reward the results of your success. We cultivate a flexible culture that embraces the uniqueness of everyone's
life. Our resources support the mobile way of working and make it possible to arrange your day in the way it suits
your career and personal demands.
More than 10,000 searchable pages indexed.
Your RF Cafe
single-handedly redefining what an engineering website should be.
Progenitor & Webmaster
(Seize the Day!)
My USAF radar shop