|More than 12,000 searchable pages indexed.|
Your RF Cafe
Airplanes and Rockets:
Location: San Diego
http://nokia.taleo.net/careersection/10 ... job=875090
"Connecting People" is at the heart of the Nokia brand. Nokia is the world's number one mobile solutions company, connecting more than 1.3 billion people every day. Mobile maps, apps, music, media, messaging and more are explored and presented here in a comprehensive mobile solutions world.
Nokia's people ambition is very clear: an advanced integrated company built upon trust and accountability, great leadership and common values. We understand people's desire to join a dynamic and innovative team, where your ideas are valued and your creativity is nurtured. Our future is your creation.
Ideal candidate works as a Mechanical Simulation Engineer/Specialist, involved in structural modeling and product development using advanced FEA Mechanical Structural and Drop Test Simulation methods and tools. As a member of the Product Design team, you will be responsible for FEA modeling and material characterization. You will be fully integrated with the Product Design team from the pre-concept to concept stage and beyond. Analyzing and informing the mechanical design team of structural risks and robustness of product designs. You will be responsible for the correlation and development of your models and techniques. You will also work with cross-functional teams within NOKIA and with external suppliers to solve design related issues.
• For assigned programs, assume ownership of all structural simulation projects. Identify design risks and advise, guide and steer the mechanical team to implement structural improvements.
• For assigned programs, participate in reliability reviews for every key event from portfolio concepting phase to concept selection (approximately every two weeks).
• As a member of the home site simulation team develop methods to shorten simulation lead time.
• Actively contribute and support the Virtual Build Process.
• Assist in diagnostic problem solving for test related failures and field failures.
• Create, analyze and review detailed models for drop test simulation and other structural simulations using HYPERMESH, ABAQUS and SIMMANAGER.
• Present drop test simulation results at design review meetings, highlight risks and structural vulnerabilities and work with the simulation and design team to resolve design issues.
• Participate in project brainstorming meetings to resolve structural failures and design risks.
• Train and coach the Design Engineers for robust design, best practices and in the use and development of Abaqus for Catia.
• M.S. Degree (or Equivalent BSc and experience) in Science or Engineering.
• Minimum of Two years experience with ABAQUS and HYPERWORKS or a similar Preprocessor software package. SIMMANAGER experience would be advantageous
• Solid knowledge and experience of implementing mechanical engineering best practices and a willingness to continue to actively develop your skills.
• Two years or more experience in the design of consumer electronics product, preferably cellular handset with good comprehension of handset architecture.
• An awareness of relevant design issues and product acceptance drivers.
• Good understanding of commonly used mobile phone manufacturing technologies.
• A natural instinct and perception for identifying potential problems and the insight to apply your understanding to develop and implement design solutions.
• A passionate, involved and committed team player.
• Strong interpersonal skills, outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
“Connecting people” is the heart of our brand. This is why Nokia is respected and recognized worldwide. Our people shape and create future technologies. This is something we are proud of, and so will you. We offer a dynamic learning culture that nurtures openness, transparency, with endless opportunities for competence development. We reward the results of your success. We cultivate a flexible culture that embraces the uniqueness of everyone’s life. Our resources support the mobile way of working and make it possible to arrange your day in the way it suits your career and personal demands.
Join our online communities now in Facebook FutureTalent@Nokia and LinkedIn NokiaGlobalCareers to meet our people and learn about the latest opportunities and news.
Nokia offers market-competitive rewards as well as benefits such as medical, dental and paid time off. We offer an industry-leading 401k plan, an employee stock purchase plan and many other employee programs. Nokia understands the importance of juggling professional and personal interests, and offers support for meaningful achievement in work, family, friends and self. Employees are encouraged to continuously develop their skills and competencies in order to stay at the forefront of technology. Employees also have opportunities to live out and enjoy Nokia technology on a daily basis.