More than 10,000 searchable pages indexed.
•−• ••−• −•−• •− ••−• •
RF Cafe Morse Code >Hear It<
Sr. Baseband Engineer
Location: San Diego
http://nokia.taleo.net/careersection/10 ... job=903407
"Connecting People" is at the heart of the Nokia brand. Nokia is the world's number one mobile solutions company, connecting more than 1.3 billion people every day. Mobile maps, apps, music, media, messaging and more are explored and presented here in a comprehensive mobile solutions world.
Nokia's people ambition is very clear: an advanced integrated company built upon trust and accountability, great leadership and common values. We understand people's desire to join a dynamic and innovative team, where your ideas are valued and your creativity is nurtured. Our future is your creation.
Sr. Baseband Engineer is required to oversee, guide and verify baseband design activities with an outsourced design team. The design can be based on either existing or new components or architectures, coming from Nokia internal component design teams or from external suppliers. In case of commercial chipsets, the integration work is done in collaboration with the supplier.
In this particular position, a substantial part of responsibility is to specify, oversee, implement and verify audio design together with suppliers and product program team.
A Baseband design project is done in close co-operation with Hardware manager, RF, mechanics and PWB designers, but also in collaboration with SW and system integration engineers.
Because this work is having dependencies to internal and external component vendors in various locations, individual needs to be able to communicate with spoken and written English. Mandarin proficiency is also desired.
Travel to Asia will be necessary to drive and support design activities.
Your main tasks will be:
• Defining, planning and specifying baseband platforms
• Reviewing the implementation of baseband design
• Owning audio aspects of BBHW and overall design
• Offering expert advice in design details and/or doing practical design
• Reviewing and guiding baseband design details to meet operator and Nokia requirements
• Work closely with RF, Antenna and ME designers to ensure overall hardware design meets operator and Nokia requirements
• Specify and guide required testing
• Connecting with your peers within different project stakeholders
To succeed in the position you have a degree in electrical engineering, preferably a M.S. in telecommunication or applied electronics. You are also having relevant background in your technical discipline, with proven track record. Furthermore we expect you to have:
• At least 10 years working experience, preferably in mobile device design and chipset development.
• Demonstrated success in designing audio electronics.
• Very good skills in English, both spoken and written.
• Pro-active approach to own task area.
• Experience with interfacing component suppliers.
• Skills on networking, negotiating and communicating.
"Connecting people" is the heart of our brand. This is why Nokia is respected and recognized worldwide. Our people shape and create future technologies. This is something we are proud of, and so will you. We offer a dynamic learning culture that nurtures openness, transparency, with endless opportunities for competence development. We reward the results of your success. We cultivate a flexible culture that embraces the uniqueness of everyone's life. Our resources support the mobile way of working and make it possible to arrange your day in the way it suits your career and personal demands.
Join our online communities now in Facebook FutureTalent@Nokia and LinkedIn NokiaGlobalCareers to meet our people and learn about the latest opportunities and news.
Nokia offers market-competitive rewards as well as benefits such as medical, dental and paid time off. We offer an industry-leading 401k plan, an employee stock purchase plan and many other employee programs. Nokia understands the importance of juggling professional and personal interests, and offers support for meaningful achievement in work, family, friends and self. Employees are encouraged to continuously develop their skills and competencies in order to stay at the forefront of technology. Employees also have opportunities to live out and enjoy Nokia technology on a daily basis.