More than 10,000 searchable pages indexed.
•−• ••−• −•−• •− ••−• •
RF Cafe Morse Code >Hear It<
Radio Frequency, Electromagnetic Interference, Systems Engineer
Design, Integration, Test; Board Level to System Level Architect
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
• Project Engineering & Proposal Development • Systems Engineering
• EMI Design and Mitigation • RF Design: 3 MHZ to 42 GHZ
• Research & Development Engineering • Risk Assessment and Alleviation
• Program Management • Communication Systems Design
• Multilingual (English, French & German) • FCC Parts 15 & 90 Compliance
• Wireless: RFID, Bluetooth, 802.11x, ZigBee, 802.16x, Trunked/conventional LMR, SATCOM
• EME / Environmental: per DO-160, MIL-461, MIL-462, MIL-810, HIRF
• Avionics: DO-181, DO-186A, ED-23B, FAR 25.581
• Antenna Design: DAS, UHF/VHF/ FM - slot array, cavity back resonators, panel antennas
• Applications: DoD, FAA, NASA, NOAA, Public Safety & Law Enforcement, Homeland Security, Public Utilities, Transportation, Commercial
WILMER ENGINEERING, LLC Huntsville, AL
Owner / Principal Consultant 1993 - Present
• Provided technical and cost consultation relevant to the 800 MHz Rebanding Project, saving the prime contractor over $1 billion dollars versus original pricing.
• Technical lead on railroad and utility communication projects to transition land mobile radio systems from 25 KHz to narrowband (12.5 / 6.25 kHz).
• As a Subject Matter Expert, responsible to insure Part 90 compliance of a developing Software Defined Radio by analyzing schematics and specifications.
• Developed EMI, Lightning, Power Quality and Environmental test procedures.
• Conducted and witnessed tests pursuant to DO-160, MIL-461, MIL-462, MIL-810 and other relevant specs.
• Responsible for performance testing and validation of new VHF radios.
• Developed broadband (WiMAX) solutions for Homeland Security and Public Safety apps.
• Designed radio system upgrades for major utility companies to include LMR and microwave systems.
• Broadcast antenna systems design and development.
Clients of Wilmer Engineering, LLC have included:
• General Dynamics SATCOM • Harris RF Communications Division
• Goodrich Interior Lighting Systems • Hamilton Sundstrand
• Honeywell Aerospace • PacifiCorp Power & Energy
• Wulfsberg Electronics • East Ohio Gas Company
• Sanmina-SCI Defense / Aerospace • inCode Wireless
• Eclipse Aviation • Northeast Utilities
• Rockwell Collins Avionics • DynCorp / CSC
DRS C3 Systems Wyndmoor, PA
Staff Systems Engineer 2005 – 2007
• Responsible to lead teams in developing communication systems for Homeland Security, C3 as well as US allies’ applications.
• Significant focus on communication systems’ interoperability and IP-based solutions.
• Developed requirements traceability matrix, risk assessment; worked as part of senior management team on bid captures.
• Strong interaction with cross functional teams to include Program Management and Business Development.
• Translated system level documents from French to English, developing system specs for evaluating domestic products for applicability for a radar program.
Ericsson-GE Lynchburg, VA
Sr. Systems Engineer 1993
• System level design of trunked LMR systems for international applications in Thailand and Taiwan to include evaluating requirements and architecting technical solutions.
• Generated equipment lists, developed acceptance test procedures and coverage verification plan.
• Conducted design reviews and presentations to international government, military and public safety officials.
Sverdrup Technology NASA Lewis Research Center
Sr. Communications Engineer 1991 - 1992
• RF Spectrum Manager to NASA Center responsible for all RF systems including LMR, satellite and microwave.
• Redesign of the conventional LMR to wideband trunked technology.
o Conducted site survey and coverage analysis.
o Developed a SOW and analyzed proposals for a new trunked radio system.
o Assisted NASA in technology selection of the new system.
o Served as the vendor-to-NASA interface for the turnkey solution
• Responsible for new technology analysis, testing and implementation.
Magnavox Government Systems Fort Wayne, IN / Ashburn, VA
Electrical Engineer 1979 – 1990
• Research and development of DoD satellite communication systems (3 MHz – 42 GHz).
• Board level design of RF, microwave, analog and digital circuitry.
• Expertise in transceiver, synthesizer, power distribution, spread spectrum design and techniques.
PURDUE UNIVERSITY Ft Wayne, IN
Electrical Engineering Coursework,
(BSEE Candidate, 13 Credits Remaining for Completion)
UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH Pittsburgh, PA
Electrical Engineering Coursework
ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
CCDA – Cisco Certified Design Associate (in process of completing)
IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Member