1. In television, the light-sensitive surface of an iconoscope or other
TV camera tube.
5. A mechanical device that converts some form of intelligence into a corresponding
8. A switch position.
11. A device for converting a.f. current into sound waves.
15. To move a television camera to keep it on the subject.
16. That property of a coil or other radio part which tends to prevent any
change in current flow.
18. Chemical abbreviation for sulfur oxide.
As shown or described.
19. The absolute c.g.s. unit of energy and work.
21. The unit of luminous flux.
23. A device which produces amplification, oscillation, rectification, or
other useful results by controlling the flow of electrons in a circuit.
24. Type of logic gate.
25. A unit of current equal to one-thousandth of an ampere (abbr.).
28. A type of variable frequency oscillator noted for its very low drift
30. Period of time.
31. Long-handled tool with teeth at one end.
33. Electronic antenna switch (abbr.).
34. Chemical suffix indicating that the compound includes alcohol.
35. A bow of flame formed between two electrodes.
38. A network of three impedances.
39. Use a between-series connector.
To make suitable, especially by changing.
41. Any segment of a whole.
43. A storage tube.
44. Apple's i-___ music device.
Covering for 5 down.
1. A resistor used in series with a voltage to increase the range of the
2. A vibration which may be heard by human ears.
3. Type of logic gate.
4. A metal ______ placed on top of some vacuum tubes and connected to one
of the electrodes.
5. ___nut tube - a miniature vacuum tube.
6. A hint.
7. A device for converting mechanical vibrations into sound waves.
10. A device which converts hand-writing into electrical impulses at the
transmitting position, and back to handwriting at the receiving position.
12. The electrode in a cathode-ray tube that is maintained at a constant
positive potential and is used to accelerate the beam (2 words).
13. The back e.m.f. produced in a coil when the current flow through it
is stopped and the magnetic field collapses.
14. Schematic symbol for the plate resistance of a tube.
17. Put into service.
20. To play in a boisterous, lively way.
22. A circuit operating at micro-wave frequencies, in which radiation from
atoms is stimulated.
27. Signal source for frequency conversion (abbr.).
32. Voice range.
37. Test instrument (abbr.).
38. Type of angle modulation (abbr.).
39. Chemical abbreviation.
40. Type of current (abbr.).
42. RS-232 signal sending line name (abbr.).
Football score (slang).