January 1963 Electronics World
Wax nostalgic about and learn from the history of early electronics. See articles
Electronics World, published May 1959
- December 1971. All copyrights hereby acknowledged.
here from a 1963 edition of Electronics World is an electronics-themed
crossword puzzle for your end-of-the week enjoyment. You can click on the grid for
a larger, printable, write-on-able paper version. If you are an avid worker of crosswords
and don't already know it, I have created hundreds over the last decade+. Unlike
this crossword from Electronics World (and most others for that matter),
RF Cafe's technology-themed
crossword puzzles have only hand-picked words related to engineering and science.
By Luther A. Gotwald, Jr.
1. Attenuator circuit.
4. Device used to detect unseen objects.
8. TV frequencies (abbr.).
11. Rare silver-white element
12. Likely to use radar.
13. Malayan ape.
14. Used in calibrating in the field.
15. Circuit employed in most computers.
17. Sacred song.
20. Many radar units are this.
22. Southernmost U.S. land mass.
24. Unit of time.
26. What radar senses.
28. English dip thong.
29. Tube that reduces the effect of amplitude modulation.
32. At full speed.
33. A grain of cereal grass.
34. Young fish.
35. Local official servant (abbr.).
37. An officer (abbr.).
38.One of the "Little Women."
40. To sleep fitfully.
42. Woman's name.
44. Order of animals (suffix).
45. To contrive by various make-shifts.
46. Hawaiian baking pit.
47. River in Hades.
48. Capek's play about robots.
49. Circuit which blocks low-level extraneous signals.
51. Good (prefix).
53. Circuits where lighthouse tubes are used.
3. German article.
5. Transformer output.
6. Effect utilized by radar.
7. One of the press associations (abbr.) .
8. Body of Moslem scholars (Arabic spelling).
10. It's usually given in cycles-per-second.
16. One of the backfield (abbr.).
18. Unit of time (abbr.).
19. Grid mounting on lighthouse tubes.
20. Indian of the Mayan tribe.
21. Colorful songbird.
23. Fencer's cry.
25. Region in Southeast Asia (abbr.).
27. The male red deer.
30. Make edging.
31. And (Latin).
36. African antelope.
39. Combines oscillator signals.
42. East Indian tanning tree.
43. Consisting of two parts.
46. A Federal agency (abbr.).
47. Mineral spring.
50. Unit of measure (abbr.). 52. You and me.
Here are other electronics-themed crossword puzzles from vintage electronics
Answer to Electronic Crosswords
Posted July 29, 2015