RF Cafe Software
About RF Cafe
1996 - 2022
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling 2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit design engineer. The Internet was still largely an unknown entity at the time and not much was available in the form of WYSIWYG ...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Try Using SEARCH
to Find What You Need.
There are 1,000s of Pages Indexed on RF Cafe !
January 1963 Electronics WorldTable of Contents
People old and young enjoy waxing nostalgic about and learning some of the history of early electronics. Electronics World was published from May 1959 through December 1971. See all Electronics World articles.
Fellow cruciverbalists, here from a 1963 edition of Electronics World is an electronics-themed crossword puzzle for your end-of-the week enjoyment. You can click on the grid for a larger, printable, write-on-able paper version. If you are an avid worker of crosswords and don't already know it, I have created hundreds over the last decade+ that are available here. Unlike this crossword from Electronics World (and most others for that matter), my puzzles have only hand-picked words related to engineering and science.
By Luther A. Gotwald, Jr.
1. Attenuator circuit.
4. Device used to detect unseen objects.
8. TV frequencies (abbr.).
11. Rare silver-white element
12. Likely to use radar.
13. Malayan ape.
14. Used in calibrating in the field.
15. Circuit employed in most computers.
17. Sacred song.
20. Many radar units are this.
22. Southernmost U.S. land mass.
24. Unit of time.
26. What radar senses.
28. English dip thong.
29. Tube that reduces the effect of amplitude modulation.
32. At full speed.
33. A grain of cereal grass.
34. Young fish.
35. Local official servant (abbr.).
37. An officer (abbr.).
38.One of the "Little Women."
40. To sleep fitfully.
42. Woman's name.
44. Order of animals (suffix).
45. To contrive by various make-shifts.
46. Hawaiian baking pit.
47. River in Hades.
48. Capek's play about robots.
49. Circuit which blocks low-level extraneous signals.
51. Good (prefix).
53. Circuits where lighthouse tubes are used.
3. German article.
5. Transformer output.
6. Effect utilized by radar.
7. One of the press associations (abbr.) .
8. Body of Moslem scholars (Arabic spelling).
10. It's usually given in cycles-per-second.
16. One of the backfield (abbr.).
18. Unit of time (abbr.).
19. Grid mounting on lighthouse tubes.
20. Indian of the Mayan tribe.
21. Colorful songbird.
23. Fencer's cry.
25. Region in Southeast Asia (abbr.).
27. The male red deer.
30. Make edging.
31. And (Latin).
36. African antelope.
39. Combines oscillator signals.
42. East Indian tanning tree.
43. Consisting of two parts.
46. A Federal agency (abbr.).
47. Mineral spring.
50. Unit of measure (abbr.). 52. You and me.
Posted July 29, 2015
Answer to Electronic Crosswords