January 1963 Electronics World
People old and young
enjoy waxing nostalgic about and learning some of the history of early electronics. Electronics World
was published from May 1959 through December 1971. See all
Electronics World articles.
Fellow cruciverbalists, here from a 1963 edition of Electronics
World is an electronics-themed crossword puzzle for your
end-of-the week enjoyment. You can click on the grid for a larger,
printable, write-on-able paper version. If you are an avid worker
of crosswords and don't already know it, I have created hundreds
over the last decade+ that are available
Unlike this crossword from Electronics World
(and most others for that matter),
my puzzles have only hand-picked words related to engineering
By Luther A. Gotwald, Jr.
1. Attenuator circuit.
4. Device used to detect unseen objects.
8. TV frequencies (abbr.).
11. Rare silver-white element
12. Likely to use radar.
13. Malayan ape.
14. Used in calibrating in the field.
15. Circuit employed in most computers.
17. Sacred song.
20. Many radar units are this.
22. Southernmost U.S. land mass.
24. Unit of time.
26. What radar senses.
28. English dip thong.
29. Tube that reduces the effect of amplitude modulation.
32. At full speed.
33. A grain of cereal grass.
34. Young fish.
35. Local official servant (abbr.).
37. An officer (abbr.).
38.One of the "Little Women."
40. To sleep fitfully.
42. Woman's name.
44. Order of animals (suffix).
45. To contrive by various make-shifts.
46. Hawaiian baking pit.
47. River in Hades.
48. Capek's play about robots.
49. Circuit which blocks low-level extraneous
51. Good (prefix).
53. Circuits where lighthouse tubes are used.
3. German article.
5. Transformer output.
6. Effect utilized by radar.
7. One of the press associations (abbr.) .
8. Body of Moslem scholars (Arabic spelling).
10. It's usually given in cycles-per-second.
16. One of the backfield (abbr.).
18. Unit of time (abbr.).
19. Grid mounting on lighthouse tubes.
20. Indian of the Mayan tribe.
21. Colorful songbird.
23. Fencer's cry.
25. Region in Southeast Asia (abbr.).
27. The male red deer.
30. Make edging.
31. And (Latin).
36. African antelope.
39. Combines oscillator signals.
42. East Indian tanning tree.
43. Consisting of two parts.
46. A Federal agency (abbr.).
47. Mineral spring.
50. Unit of measure (abbr.). 52. You and me.
Posted July 29, 2015
Answer to Electronic Crosswords