RF Cafe Software
About RF Cafe
1996 - 2022
BSEE - KB3UON
RF Cafe began life in 1996 as "RF Tools" in an AOL screen name web space totaling 2 MB. Its primary purpose was to provide me with ready access to commonly needed formulas and reference material while performing my work as an RF system and circuit design engineer. The Internet was still largely an unknown entity at the time and not much was available in the form of WYSIWYG ...
All trademarks, copyrights, patents, and other rights of ownership to images and text used on the RF Cafe website are hereby acknowledged.
My Hobby Website:
Try Using SEARCH
to Find What You Need.
There are 1,000s of Pages Indexed on RF Cafe !
A few days ago, Mrs. <deleted>, of Herndon, Virginia, contacted me asking for assistance in selling her grandmother's Crosley model 03CA console style radio. She found my Crosley 03CB radio restoration project page while searching for information on hers. According to the schematics, the 03CA electronics are exactly the same as the 03CB electronics; only the wooden cabinet is different.
As evidenced by the photos, Mrs. <deleted> 03CA radio appears to be in excellent physical condition. Note how well preserved the burl trim pattern is on the edges and on the speaker grille rods. That was the one aspect of my 03CB that could not be retained because Crosley used some sort of decal. According to her letter, the radio does not work ("It used to sit in one of my grandmother's bedrooms, where I would stay when I visited"). There is one knob missing on the front, but it can be replaced inexpensively from RenovatedRadioParts.com
- 1941 Crosley 03CB Floor Console Radio Restoration Project
- Tesslor R-601S Vacuum Tube Radio Teardown
- Tesslor R-601S Retro Vacuum Tube AM/FM Radio w/Bluetooth 3.0 Modification
- Crosley 03CA Floor Console Radio for Sale
- 1941 Crosley Model 03CB Radio Photos (Tim O.)
- Radio & Electronics Restoration Projects
- Vintage Ads with Science / Technology Themes
- Vintage Magazine Ads from Duke University's Ad*Access Website
- Vintage Radio Control Systems
Posted March 29, 2016